750 MegaBattle List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

750 MegaBattle List

Sunday, several of us are gathering for a "MEGA BATTLE!". The limit is 750 points, which may include any hero as long as the total point cost for that hero doesn't exceed 250 points (normal allowances for magic items are in place).

So the list will seem a bit unusual, but I'm counting on having three or four other players on my side of the tables.

Noble, lt armor, shield, scout, asyendi's bane, HoD
    scouts x 5, musician
    GG x 10
    GG x 10
    Treeman

First, a noble scout with light armour, shield, Asyendi's Bane, and the Hail of Doom Arrow.

He'll tag along with five scouts who have only a musician. I figure that they'll need to flee at some point, so why not rally on a ten instead of a nine? Plus, I had exactly the points needed for a musician after taking all the units I really wanted. They can march block and harass the rear ranks of the enemy, and the hail of doom arrow presents a real threat to almost any opposing unit on the table.

Then two units of ten archers. It's a bit boring, but a mega-battle seems incomplete without a hail of arrows streaking overhead. Plus, archers will stick around for several rounds and dropping all those dice is a lot of fun.

Another unit a mega battle can't do without is a Treeman. It'll let me play in the shooting, magic, and combat phases (unless he catches a cannonball in the gut). He spreads terror, lashes out with strangle-root, casts treesinging, and can knock the crap out of of units in combat. He should be fun to play and cause real problems for the enemy who might not be expecting something that big and tough with just 750 points.

So what do you think? With plenty allies on either side, should I do okay? Would you change anything. I really want a treeman and plenty of archers, but I'd reconsider the lord and scouts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

How about some waywatchers? nthey will cause even more havoc then scouts IMO.

Are you limited by the standard force organisation?
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    How about some waywatchers? nthey will cause even more havoc then scouts IMO.

Are you limited by the standard force organisation?
    Yes and no. When the guy organizing the event said 750 pts, we complained that there'd be no lord choice and who wants a mega battle without lords. I suggested 250 pts for a character on top of the 750. He said, "Okay, take a lord no more than 250 pts but it comes from the 750 pt total and uses all three hero slots."

He's afraid of the battle running too long, which is a consideration. But with four on four, we're looking at just a 3000 pt battle. With five on five, we're still under 4000 pts.

I'd have to drop a unit of glade guard to get the waywatchers, but it would be fun to have them running around causing problems. And since IAmJasonK pointed out that my bow & arrow combo won't work, I need to rework it anyway.

But then I couldn't take a treeman

+ Reply to Thread