my first WE army please rate 1500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first WE army please rate 1500 points

hi this is my first wood elf army i chose to go for 1500 points as it means i dont have to play any small games
    im really nooby to WH so any feedback would be much appreciated
    i dont know what ill be playing against so i need a equal army
    plz help

HEROS…
    GENERAL
    NOBLE
    wardancer kindred
    Annoyance of Netlings

SPELLSINGER
    lvl 2
    bow of loren
    spellsinger
    lvl 2
    dispel scroll

CORE
    Gladeguard X 10

Gladeguard X 10
    Musician 6

Scouts X 5 85
    Musician 6

Dryads X 8 96

Dryads X 8 96

Glade Riders X 8

SPECIAL POINTS
    Wardancer Troupe X 10
    Musician

wardancer troop X 9

OVERALL: 1504
    :ninja:

Last edited by Doug; January 20th, 2006 at 19:06.
    Everyone wants ipod headphones-the rich kids got 'em the middle class kids spray their headphones white and the really poor kids stick extra strong mints on pieces of string!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, nice to meet ya.

hre we go.

first drop the bow of loren!!!!! What are you thinking, the SS arready has a bow and only ione attack, it is useless!!
    One mage is good. Or exhange it for a lv1 branchwraith.Has goosd stats anfd can cast magic. :yes:

GG are good. keep them.
    make yopur Drayads bigger and/or get champions.
    replace the GR with WR. They are far better and stay alive longer.

A fgood tactics is to charge Wardancers ibn the front of a unit and in the flank with WR, you get flank bonus and the enemy no ranks!

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm i think wr means warhawk riders lol and gr glade riders? if so i like the idea of warhawk riders but dont like the models they look like they are surfing for crying out loud i much prefer the horses.... i didnt realise the bow was useles lol dropped :ninja: ok ill go for a branchwraith i just like the idea of lots of mages thx for the advice
    Everyone wants ipod headphones-the rich kids got 'em the middle class kids spray their headphones white and the really poor kids stick extra strong mints on pieces of string!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if someone has warhawk riders could u please tell me how hard it is to convert the model so it isnt surfing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Just a reminder. Don't post item or upgrade costs. Only total unit cost is legit, but I don't even post totals for naked units. In fact I've stopped posting costs altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    HEROS…
    GENERAL
    NOBLE
    wardancer kindred
    Annoyance of Netlings
    Wardancers will most likely charge the enemy's flanks or rears, which means it's unlikely that you'll have anybody to challenge. Your opponent's character has to be in fighting position to issue, refuse, or partake in a challenge. A better item would be the Blades of Loec. Rerolling wounds when you charge in at str 5 can be a big deal. Or the Moonstone of Hidden Ways: jumping woods would surprise the hell out of your enemy.

SPELLSINGER
    bow of loren
    spellsinger
    dispel scroll
    The Bow of Loren on a Spellsinger? Think twice, friend. Better to take another scroll or Calaignor's Stave.

CORE
    Gladeguard X 10

Gladeguard X 10
    Musician

Scouts X 5
    Musician

Dryads X 8

Dryads X 8

Glade Riders X 8
    You can get by with fewer Glade Riders and still get what you want from them. Take just 6, maybe. Use the points somewhere else.

SPECIAL POINTS
    Wardancer Troupe X 10
    Musician

wardancer troop X 9
    You can do a few things here. Since you have so few special slots, you might break the Wardancers into three units, your alloted max at 1500 pts. Maybe three groups of six, each with a musician. If you've bought back some points from dropping GRs or something, then you can take the musicians and still have some points to spend elsewhere. Another scout wouldn't hurt since keeping them at US 5 can mean all the difference if you need them to charge a flank.

With three units of Wardancers, you now have five combat units, taking into account the two dryad units, instead of four, which means more points of attack, targets to distract your enemy, and tactical opportunities. I like that you have lots of core units. Core units really do win games.
    Now somebody go critique my Winter of Woe (Winter of Woe [2500]: two lists)list. It's sadly gotten no comments.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; January 14th, 2006 at 06:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with WR i mean Wild Riders. Sorry i was so vague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this a better list...sorry i have taken so long to anwser had lots of school work to do hmmmmm i like the advice but dont know if i want wardancers or wild riders??? i could probably fit in a small unit of five but which would help a noob more?
    HEROS…
    GENERAL
    NOBLE
    wardancer kindred

moonstone of hidden ways

SPELLSINGER
    lvl 2
    calignors stave

spellsinger
    lvl 2
    dispel scroll

CORE
    Gladeguard X 10
    Musician
    Gladeguard X 10
    Musician

Scouts X 5
    Musician

Dryads X 8

Dryads X 8

Glade Riders X 7

SPECIAL
    Wardancer Troupe X 7
    Musician
    Wardancer Troupe X 7
    musician
    wardancer troop X 5/5 wild riders and less glade riders
    Musician

OVERALL: 1500
    wow 1500 points exactly :twisted:
    btw elfwarden u were not ague at all im just a NOOB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Two troupes of wardancers is enough. The wild riders will add a lot of long distance punch. SUre, they can't flee like glade riders, but unlike glade riders, they won't die from the first hail of arrows that comes their way.

+ Reply to Thread