Newbies Flying List (Can it work?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbies Flying List (Can it work?)

Lords

Highborn (145)
    Great Eagle (50)
    Bow of Loren (35)
    Arkane Bodkins (25)
    The spear of Twilight (30)
    Total: 285

Noble (75)
    Great Eagle (50)
    Hagbane Arrows (35)
    Light Armour (2)
    Total: 162

Branchwraith (65)
    Cluster of Radients (25)
    Upgrade (35)
    Total: 125

Lords Total: 572

Core

10 Glade Guard 120

10 Glade Guard 120

12 Glade Guard 144

12 Eternal Guard (144)
    Standard (12)
    Musican (6)
    Eternal (12)
    Total: 174

12 Dryads 144

Core Total: 558

Special:

4 Warhawk Riders 160

4 Warhawk Riders 160
    Wind Rider (20)
    Total: 180

4 Warhawk Riders 160
    15 Wardancers 270

Special Total: 770

Rare
    Great Eagle 50

Great Eagle 50

Rare Total: 100

Army Total 2000

Is this list actualy going to stand a chance in a battle? I like the idea of a army theamed arouned the mountain on the borders of Athel Lorean, but if it will never do anything it take the fun out. Please give advive and comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rolly
    Branchwraith (65)
    Cluster of Radients (25)
    Upgrade (35)
    Total: 125

A, wrong section this should be posted in the army lists section

B, what does Upgrade (35) mean?
    You know that making it a wizard costs 50 points

C, your magic is rather weak with this much flying and in combo with treesingen would be fatal. You could enntrap the enemy and then launcj a flying assault on him:shifty:

D, two units of ten GG are good. Use the extra points to enlarge the EG regiment.
    And put your Noble in them. Then you have a good solid ground unit to stop and anemy that is braeking through.

D, make the drayads a smaller unit. You wont get them all in combat (skirmishers) so downgrade them a bit. Same goes for the Wardancers. make them around 8 with command.

The list looks interesting and do what you want with the comment. (and post things like this in the army list section!!!!)

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woops soory, thanks for the advice. Will post threds in right section from now on. :blush:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is alright.

Was just mentioning it.

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elfwarden, I agree with the advice you have given me and have now re-formed my list.

Lords

Highborn
    Great Eagle
    Bow of Loren
    Arkane Bodkins
    The spear of Twilight
    Total: 285

Noble
    Eternal kindred
    Wraith Stone
    Total: 130

Branchwraith
    Cluster of Radients
    Upgrade
    Total: 150

Spellsinger
    Upgrade
    Great Eagle
    Calainor’s Stave
    The Deepwood Sphere
    Total: 225

Lords Total: 790

Core

10 Glade Guard 120

10 Glade Guard 120

17 Eternal Guard
    Standard
    Musican
    Eternal
    Total: 174

8 Dryads (96)

Core Total: 450

Special:

3 Warhawk Riders 120

4 Warhawk Riders 160

4 Warhawk Riders 160

12 Wardancers 216

Special Total: 656

Rare
    Great Eagle 50

Great Eagle 50

Rare Total: 100

Army Total 1996

The Spell singer should have a pritty good tree singing abilities now. I've kept the Wardancer unit farly big as I love the modles and will defenatly be relying on them heavily as I do not believe the EG will not stand up in a fight forever without help, even with the Nobel and Wraithstone. Hopefully this army will be able to simply dance around its enemies. Any comments still welcome, I want to know exactly what I'; doing before I go and invest money in this project. (So far all I have is 2 units of GG, 12 EG, 1 unit Dryad and a Highborn which I will probaly never use sinse he's not on an Eagle<_&lt
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; January 19th, 2006 at 00:38.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I like the second list better. Here's what I'd say to keep in mind.

Eagles are not skirmishers, so you have to be really careful about how you use them.

I'd make two larger units of warhawk riders and two smaller units of wardancers. As it is, you have 3 true combat units: dryads, wardancers, and EG. The GG can help out the EG, serving as a sort of empire detachment, but more likely you will be fleeing with them. So who's going to help the EG? The Ds and WDs will have to. But that means nobody's out there assaulting the units you're warhawk riders are slowing down.

Lots of flyers mean that you should be marchblocking parts of his army to throw off his battle line. That's when your nasty units like Ds and WDs come springing out of the woods, ganging up on an enemy unit (It works beautifully, too). But if you do that, then you leave your EG unsupported against scouts, flank and rear attacks, flyers, and such.

So that's why I say drop the wardancers to two units of 6. They're still very effective and you now have two units that can go harrass the enemy.

And you'll still have seven flying units.

Myself, I'd be hesitant to build this army. If I were you, I'd buy some empty 40mm bases or use something else to proxy the models, and run a few games. See if it works, if you enjoy the play style, if it's fun, and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Just reminding you to not post individual ppoints costs of items, it is illegal. Good list though, definetely listen to david's advice, also the deep wood sphere would not be needed, instead make the singer =, a weaver and the highborn a noble he'll still have good hitting power amd you can give the weaver the wand of wych elm. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like it it wouldn't be somthing i would feild but my army's really crappy at the moment and i'm looking to change it up a bit and your idea of a flying army is a good one......

if you want an uber flying character then consider the dragon, i know alot of people will dis this but a dragon used right can be a terrible foe and damn near impossible to kill in any reasonable amount of time plus the terror would help your army out alot
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On my Army list at home that I've been working these post off I've divided the unit of 12 Wardancers into two of 6, I've kept my Lords and Heroes as is as I think the spell weaver is good enough and if I down grade my Highborn then he wouldn't be able to get BoL + Bodkins. Seeing as the only change I've made id the Wardancers I won't put the list up.

I'm pritty happy with this this and I think I'll give it a try useing bitts of cardbord for the modles I don't have :wacko: , Hopefully it should be able to outmanovuere the enemy and pick off light units for minor vic. Thanks for the help :yes: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that a spellsinger or a spell weaver cus if it's a weaver then you got 2 lords in 2000 points, if it's a singer then it can't be mounted on a great eagle
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread