1500 tourney to be played saturday - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 tourney to be played saturday

kinda short notice but gw only called me today and told me i'm in the league final so iv'e had to scramble around in order to get a workable list with the available models so bear with me a bit.

HEROES=

mage, lv 2, paegent of shrikes, ranu's heartstone- 170

mage, lv 2, calingors stave, lamentation of despairs- 175

noble, wardancer kindred- 105

SPECIAL=

8 wardancers, command- 165

3 treekin, eldar- 215

CORE=

12 glade guard, musician- 150

13 glade guard, musician- 162

5 glade riders- 120

7 scouts- 119

7 scouts- 119

it all comes to exactly 1500, it is a fantasy league final at my local gw and i don't really know what i will be facing so any advice or tacs is mucho welcome and i admit i'm magorlly out of touch with fantasy soo critism on the list is welcome.

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

"I threw a hissy fit and was banned by Caluin."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would suggest swapping out all the scouts and glade riders for a unit of wild riders and waywatchers. if your gonna use scouts pay a few points more for the best in the old world why not ? . also you could replace the treekin with a treeman and keep one unit of scouts. i know treekin slaughter cavalry and ogres but can really stand up to artillary fire and magic, a treeman can ( with 6 wounds ) also then you get another free wak at treesing. those are my suggestions. also dont hide your glade gaurd. yyoull need to put them at risk if you want them to be effective . almost every time ive played people get all their units in combat with mine and rend my archers useless. so lapp them arouns the flanks or use them as bait for your wardances. the two mages might work and the wardancer noble should fend off most of everything . so those are my suggestions. take my fist statement if you want to do and ambush army ( waywatchers) or i you feel like a slaughtering army gor for wild riders and treeman instead of treekin and scouts. the simple fact i see is that you army is very mobile but has next to nothiung to prevent your scouts and archers from getting slaughtered. sorry for the long responce just giving my oppinion ( sorry if its too late )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep i'll try to move some stuff around to change the treekin into a treeman but i don't own any wildriders.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok its probobly too late now but add a few dryad arms to your glade riders and put hoods on them while making sure they have spears, and walla , wildriders. if you can i would suggest doing this before the tourney( may not be able to paint them in time )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naah tourney's over but it's a neat idea, i came 2cnd last soo sixth in all but i think it actually went okay the treeman i found out is actually alot more deadly jus marching and using treeroot and wardancers are okay but are real terrain huggers. my first game was against dark elves and i think i did alright if i had of rolled better i would've won (heh heh knocked off his royal hydra on 2cnd turn) second game was dwarfs and i gave it a fair go but in the end i jus couldn't get past his armour and the lack of mine (he had a longbeard unit a slayers 1 boltthrower 4 ogre bull sand the rest was thunderers) third and final was a different darkelve army a bit diff from the first but not much but i rolled decently this time and creamed him (heh heh glade guard knocked off his coldone knights in cc and also took down a spearmen unit and 2 booltthrowers on their own the treeman pretty much did in the rest)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what was your final army list you used . im going to games day and need as much advice as i can . please tell me what worked against what and what died against what . i just need suggestions to . i hope mine were helpful, treemen tangle root is alot of fun, but seriously now i need you advice for the grand tourney at games day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the changes were one scout squad was scrapped and the other was boosted to 10 there wasn't a 13th gg on the 2cnd squad, there was a musician on glade riders and instead of treekin there was a treeman.

all in all i wouldn't change much except the dice rolls i had horrendus luck and in the end that more than list composition cost me the first 2 and a missle dwarf army is jus plain nasty i mean comeon 16 str 4 shots at 24 on a model with t 4 and a 4+ save? and times that by 4 + a bolthtrower with engineer and throw in a unit of slayers and a unit of longbeards.....

okay down to buisness the wardancers did well against everythin but magor down fall is only a 6+ and thus they are bow fodder, treeman rocks when using treeroot but keep him away from flaming runes.... scouts did alright their role is anti-mage and warmachine and i found it is better to charge the latter with them, gg gotta love em unfortunately no armour so again bow fodder but as a plus for archers they are better than avg in cc, glade riders i was really dissapointed with and will be scrapping them in future they are jus not worth their points i'm afraid they are classic case of looking good on paper and failing spectactularly in real life. noble rocked and mages did alright although loren as much as i love it aint got the offensivy kick to it that i like to have in my mages so i might in future jus take one with the stave jus to get treesinging off amap, tacs are very simple with we shoot first shoot second and if their still standin then prepare to stand and shoot for probably the last time.

expanding to 2000 points i am thinking of a dragon and maybe another wardancer noble and unit....
    Last edited by Plague_00; February 19th, 2006 at 13:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good old advice. Clean up your grammar. I stopped reading your posts above because I had to try and peice together what you were trying to say.

If you put in a little effort into your english you will get more readers. More people are going to post and reply to your threads.

Just some advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep i'm trying to improve but for me it jus doesn't come naturaly and when i'm tired i tend to revert.........

+ Reply to Thread