Wood elf 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Wood elf 1000pts

Branchwraith, lvl 1 wizard, murder of sprites
    Noble, light armour,great weapon
    10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    6 Waywatchers
    9 Dryads

is it total rubbish or any good any replies would be great

EDIT: LO asks that members not post point totals that detail per model or per item costs. Games Workshop gets itchy about that kind of thing. Thanks. --DavidVC04

Last edited by DavidWC09; April 30th, 2006 at 16:08.

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

A treeman is tough to field at this point level. You have so few models that a smart enemy can really focus his attention on a few units. Take out just one of the combat units, and nobody else has any support. The treeman is a huge point investment and if he's taken out, you've lost a ton of combat power and nearly 300 victory points.

I usually try to give advice that keeps someone's list mostly the same, but for yours I'd make some big changes. I'd drop the treeman. Then I'd give the branchwraith a cluster of radiants for better magic defense.

Make the noble an alter. Try this combo: lt armor, great weapon, shield, helm of the hunt, and hail of doom arrow. A 4+ armor save when not in combat, a 5+ armor save in combat, extra attacks at an improved weapon skill at str 6 with an 18" charge range. And the hail of doom arrow speaks for itself.

I'd take regular scouts over waywatchers. In my experience WW's just don't pay off.

You should still have points left over for something like a great eagle (a steal at 50 pts) and another unit of dryads. Now you'd have 4 combat units and the alter and lots of archery with an eagle for drawing charges and misdirecting the enemy.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread