2000 pt Army (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Army (friendly)

General:
    172-Wood Elf Noble
    Light Armor, Asyendi's Bane, Starfire Arrows, Enchanted Shield, on a Great Eagle
    278-Wood Elf Highborn
    Light Armor, Alter Kindred, Pageant of Shrikes, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Enchanted Shield
    162-Spellsinger
    Level 2, Calaingor's Stave, on a Elven Steed
    Core:
    5 Glade Riders
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

Special:
    7 Warhawk Riders
    2x4 Wild Riders of Kurnous-Full Command
    10 Wardancer Troupes-Musician

Rare:
    8 Waywatchers

Total-1994

This way I can use the Highborn to take out heavy calvary with 5 shots with no armour saves and then us the Noble to cause panic and have the ablity to move him around the battle field with the Speelsinger moving some trees. Other than that I just wanted this army to be able to fly around the battle field cause havoc whenever possible and if it comes down to it having the wardancers getting in CC but only when I want. If you could let me know what you think I would appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: Some point totals removed where a wee bit of division gives the per model/item cost. GW gets a little itchy about that kind of thing. Thanks. --DavidVC04.

Last edited by DavidWC09; May 2nd, 2006 at 23:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by baileyblitz89
    General:
    172-Wood Elf Noble
    Light Armor, Asyendi's Bane, Starfire Arrows, Enchanted Shield, on a Great Eagle
    Only one enchanted shield is available to an army. Either this guy gets or the alter gets it. I'm skeptical of the bane/starfire combo only because you still have to wound. So even if you roll, reroll, and hit, you've got a limited chance of wounding. And then the enemy must fail any saves it has. But I like the great eagle. Very mobile. Great for marchblocking and deep threats.

278-Wood Elf Highborn
    Light Armor, Alter Kindred, Pageant of Shrikes, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Enchanted Shield
    I love the WE alters. I like lt armor, shld, helm of the hunt, and hail of doom arrow. I don't leave home without the hail on somebody. It can be a game changer. But the bow of loren/bodkins combo is really potent, too. How about the the bow of loren, the bodkins, helm of the hunt (along with lt armor, shld, great weapon)? You don't have to use all 100 pts as the army gets so expensive. Those 20 pts could go somewhere else.

162-Spellsinger
    Putting the spellsinger on a steed is a big shoot me sign. She won't benefit from cover when near units of US 5 or greater. I'd dismount her and use the points elsewhere.

5 Glade Riders
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    Good, good, and good. Just protect the GRs from missile fire and magic. They die in a hurry.

Special:
    7 Warhawk Riders
    One unit of three or four will be just as effective. You can free up more points for more stuff.

Will kick butt for you. Consider the warbanner on one unit for extra punch in combat resolution.

I run two units of seven myself with full command, but ten will be really devastating. But they also become more of a point risk if they die.

Rare:
    8 Waywatchers
    I've gotten to where I take scouts instead of WWs but if you're playing an armor-heavy opponent, these guys will do great for you.

Overall, I think you can free up points for something like a great eagle (worth the points, and you'd have three flying units pestering the enemy) or some archers. Once they get in short range, those str 4 attacks become really powerful. Wardancers and wild riders are great for a mobile army and they both really pack a punch in combat.

You'll suffer in the magic phase defensively, but your treesinging ability will really help out for your mobility plan.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the noble instead of giving him the bane/starfire I could give him the helm and the hunt and the hail of doom. And i think that i will drop the warhawk riders down to 4. I also realized that I had one to many special units so I will probably change the Wild Riders to a unit of 5 with the Banner of Dwindling. I also think that I will throw in a unit of Eternal Guard. But other than that I just have to go back and check point values. Thanks David.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by baileyblitz89
    General:
    172-Wood Elf Noble
    Trade this guy for a lvl 2 scroll caddy
    278-Wood Elf Highborn
    drop the shield and pageant for the HotH and a GW.
    162-Spellsinger
    get rid of the steed
    Core:
    5 Glade Riders
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    good, get another 2 squads of dryads and a musican
    Special:
    7 Warhawk Riders
    Drop them to 3
    Firstly, min squad is 5, second you can only have 4 specials. Drop one squad to get a squad of 6 with standard and warbanner.
    very nice
    Rare:
    8 Waywatchers
    good, get an eagle.
    Total-1994

This way I can use the Highborn to take out heavy calvary with 5 shots with no armour saves and then us the Noble to cause panic and have the ablity to move him around the battle field with the Speelsinger moving some trees. Other than that I just wanted this army to be able to fly around the battle field cause havoc whenever possible and if it comes down to it having the wardancers getting in CC but only when I want. If you could let me know what you think I would appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: Some point totals removed where a wee bit of division gives the per model/item cost. GW gets a little itchy about that kind of thing. Thanks. --DavidVC04.
    not a bad list, needs worrk.

+ Reply to Thread