Possible new main list (2k) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible new main list (2k)

let me know what you think!

Highborn- helm of the hunt, dawn spear, annoyance of netlings, light armor, shield

Alter kindred noble- hail of doom arrow, great weapon, and light armor

Spellsinger- dispel scroll, divination orb

Branchwraith- level 1 wizard, cluster of radiants

20 Eternal guard- full command, war banner

15 dryads- branch nymph

12 Glade

12 Glade Guard

6 Scouts

5 Wild Riders of Kurnous- full command, Faoghir: the banner of dwindling

6 wardancers, bladesinger

3 warhawk riders

83 models
    4 power dice
    5 dispel dice

Last edited by dectilion; June 19th, 2006 at 07:04. Reason: point costs shown

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump
    Last edited by dectilion; June 19th, 2006 at 07:07.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

First, to go into moderator mode: no bumping please.

Second, to activate my Wood Elf player mode: here's what I'd say about your list.
    Highborn: Is he mounted? Is he meant to go with the Wild Riders? Assuming yes to the first two questions, I'd make him a wildrider. I'd drop the annoyance. He shouldn't be making too many frontal charges on units where characters might be hiding (and you can't challenge from the side if no character/champion is in contact with you). Wild Riders can really pack a punch but they're not meant for whamming into the front. I like the dawn spear. If you make a WR, then you have to drop the helm of the hunt (which would really help the noble anyway). I like this on WR characters: armor of the fey, dawnspear, murder of spites.

As for the noble, give him the helm of the hunt. That extra attack and WS on the charge with a great weapon can make a lot of difference.

Maybe drop the divination orb for another scroll. But if you know you'll be playing opponents with lots of magic, maybe not.

I like the branchwraith and wouldn't change a thing.

Dop the branch nymph for another model (more wounds, more total attacks, more unit size). Then break dryads into two units of eight. More threats. More targets to distract enemy and absorb missile/magic fire.

I love wardancers, but I'd rather have a musician than a champion. The extra attack is less important with them since they have so many already, especially when they take the extra attack via that one dance. If they do flee, which can certainly happen, seeing them rally means saving a lot of points come time to tally up at the end. My elves seem to panic, break, or otherwise run way too much for the much-touted high leadership.

Something to consider if you wanted to strengthen the EG is to give them a battlestandard bearer. The noble makes them stubborn and the BSB gives them rerolls on break tests. Two chances at making a nine before they break. Pretty nice, IMO. But you'd have to lose that alter and I love that setup, too. It's a tough call.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bump wasnt actual bumping, i wrote the list with point costs for the scouts and warhawks, then realized i had to remove them, then figured i would make a new post then delete the old one, then i just edited the new one, but didnt know how to get rid of the reply, so i just put bump. Sorry, this is my first posted army list

The highborn goes with the eternal guard, and i play alot of magic heavy guys, so that why the divination orb. However, i will switch it if the new 7th ed masgic rules are true

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Did you know that you can take the Enchanted Shield and the Helm of the Hunt? The shield has different rules than most magic items, and it'd give your HB a nice armor save.

The annoyance is definitely worth it in that case. He'll be a nasty surprise for people.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come your spending over 640 points on characters? isnt being that character heavy kinda a waste?
    Its really those Buddhists we have to watch out for.

+ Reply to Thread