2000 Pts - Wood Elves Roster - 7th edition?

Wood Elf Highborn General; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Great Weapon; Shield; The Oaken Armor; Amber Pendant

Wood Elf Noble (Battle Standard Bearer) Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Battle Standard
Bearer; The Royal Standard of Ariel

Spellsinger 2 dispel scrolls

17 Eternal Guard fc, warbanner
10 Glade Guard
10 Glade Guard
8 Dryads
8 Dryads

7 Wardancers mus
7 Wardancers mus

3 Warhawk Riders

1 Great Eagle
1 Treeman

Total Roster Cost: 1995

Created with Army Builder
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. All rights reserved.

The EG and TM will hold together, with dryads and/or wardancers defending the flanks. With skirmishing units taking a hit in 7th ed, I'm not entirely sure how to use these units, but I think that the strategy is basically the same. I just should be careful about not rushing skirmishers ahead of their supporting units.

I hope that two flying units will make up for the dryads' and wardancers' reduced mobility and deal with enemy war machines, flyers, and skirmishers.

The EG unit is really a switch for me. It's a whole lot of eggs in one basket, about 700 pts worth. But it causes fear, is stubborn, and should generate a lot of combat res. Supported by the treeman and either wardancers or dryads, it should hold out in combat long enough to win.

The archers in front can shoot. The only problem is that I can't use the archers to screen the eternal guard since the GG would break through the EG and force a panic test. I'd hate to lose that expensive EG unit because of a lousy panic test. I suppose a unit of dryads can screen instead--I do consider dryads somewhat expendable after all.

Offensive magic is nil, not even treesinging is likely to go off. The singer is there just to dispel stuff. With three dice, I should knock down one spell a turn and can reserve the scrolls for the really nasty stuff, like comets and walls of fire.