1500 pt. Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

1500 pt. Tournament

EDIT: Some points removed to respect GW copyright. Your easiest solution is to not post any point costs whatsoever. Problem solved. Thanks. ~DavidVC04

Hey everybody,

I am putting together a list to be used for my tournament army. If you see anything that you think is not very useful, please post about it, feedback is the only way to tweak an army into perfection without having to lose alot first:shifty:

HQ

Noble 133 pts.
    Great Weapon, Light armor, Shield, Helm of the Hunt, and Hail of doom arrow

Spell Singer 90 pts.

Core Units

Glade Guard x10 Lords Bowman

Dryads x8 Branch Nymph

Dryads x8 Branch Nymph

Eternal Guard x15 210 pts.
    Musician, Standard Bearer, Eternal

Special

Wild Riders x5 166 pts.
    Musician, Standard Bearer, Wild Hunter

Rare

Treeman

Total: 1496 pts.

As you can probably tell, this army wont be charging up the middle hoping to find Chosen knights of Khorne, rather sit there and balst the crap out of everything on the way in. Basicaly
    the glade guard are in one big row with dryads on the sides of that, with the eternal guard/ Noble combo and Wild riders advancing up the flanks, hoping to attack the squishy flanks of an opponent with the wizard sort of in the middle of the whole formation.

Your advice will be accepted with opened hands, so please, post if you like it (or dont )

Last edited by DavidWC09; October 15th, 2006 at 08:26.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

HEROES

Noble 133 pts.
    Great Weapon, Light armor, Shield, Helm of the Hunt, and Hail of doom arrow

Spell Singer 90 pts.
    Why not make the spellsinger the general since she we see much combat. Try to keep her alive to save the VPs.

By making her the general, you can convert your noble to an alter with the same getup. He's not much use otherwise. The EG can't test off his leadership anyhow.

Another option is to make him a BSB so that your two stubborn units, EG and TM, can reroll any breaktests they fail.

Core Units

Dryads x8 Branch Nymph

Dryads x8 Branch Nymph
    Drop the champs for mus in the case of the GG. As for the Dryads, drop the champions so that you can afford a BSB or alter.

Eternal Guard x15 210 pts.
    Musician, Standard Bearer, Eternal
    Warbanner?

Special

Wild Riders x5 166 pts.
    Musician, Standard Bearer, Wild Hunter
    Sweet...

Rare

Treeman
    Enjoy.

Total: 1496 pts.

As you can probably tell, this army wont be charging up the middle hoping to find Chosen knights of Khorne, rather sit there and balst the crap out of everything on the way in. Basicaly
    the glade guard are in one big row with dryads on the sides of that, with the eternal guard/ Noble combo and Wild riders advancing up the flanks, hoping to attack the squishy flanks of an opponent with the wizard sort of in the middle of the whole formation.

Your advice will be accepted with opened hands, so please, post if you like it (or dont )[/QUOTE]
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

oh sorry david, i didnt realize those numbers were copyrighted, (thanks for getting rid of them)i thought that you could post total point cost...oh well lesson learned. My plan was to have the spell singer as general, but i couldnt get the points for a Alter Noble. If you think that the lords Bowman are useless as the Branchwraiths, ill drop those too. Is The Warbanner really that useful? It might without the Noble in the ranks...you have given me things to think about David thanks
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

+ Reply to Thread