Trying to make Balanced 2k List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to make Balanced 2k List

As the title says i'm trying to make a balanced list and i'm wondering what you guys think of it and what weaknesses it might have

*edited*
    Lord
    SpellWeaver(Level 3) + D Scroll + Wand of Wych Elm

Hero
    Alter Noble + HODA + Helm of Hunt + GW + Light Armor
    BranchWraith + Level 1 + Cluster of Radiants

Core
    1x10 Glade Guard w/musician
    1x8 Dryads
    1x8 Dryads
    1x8 Dryads

Special

1x8 Wardancers
    1x6 Wild Riders w/mus/standard/warbanner
    1x3 Warhawk Riders
    1x3 Treekin

Rare
    Treeman
    Great Eagle

1998 Points
    58 Models
    10 Units
    3 Characters
    6 PD
    6 DD (Re-Roll Failed Attempts),
    1 Bound Treesing
    1 D Scroll

*edit* I should have mentioned that i only play on 4x4 tables with 4-5 pieces of terrain usually having 3 woods incluing my free woods. And with my 10 units coupled with the 3 LOS blocking woods i had a very difficult time utilising two groups of glade guard as their los was obstructed often.

I use one gg unit and even sometimes it gets difficult with los when i'm moving my guys up the field...i really wish my local GW store had 4x6, i'm curious how it changes the game.

Last edited by slingbladez; January 15th, 2007 at 22:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Whew! 54 models!

Overall, I think it's balanced, but I'd drop the treekin for more archers. Ultimately, I think they'd benefit you more in the long run.

Otherwise, I think it's pretty balanced and would play well.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Whew! 54 models!

Overall, I think it's balanced, but I'd drop the treekin for more archers. Ultimately, I think they'd benefit you more in the long run.

Otherwise, I think it's pretty balanced and would play well.
    I agree with the archers comment but I would drop the Wild Riders.

I've been using treekin lately and they have been ultra resiliant, something thats rare in a WE army. I now only use wild riders in games over 2000pts.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your list.

Having a unit of glade riders and warhawks seems to be too much, because both do a very similar job. Unless you have something in mind.

I run a unit of 8 Wildriders and they can break almost anything that isnt uber. Havent had a chance to play tree kin yet but i would be afraid they would be too slow.
    "Incoming fire has the right of way"

Witch Hunters 23~15~4 W/L/D
    Join me at Unification wars!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Having a unit of glade riders and warhawks seems to be too much, because both do a very similar job. Unless you have something in mind.
    True the game i just played with similar list *just got eagle, and almost done painting* my glade riders and warhawk riders overlapped and didn't do all that much. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also after playing awhile with 2 units of dryads instead of my old 3 units. I really miss having 3 units of dryads because only having two units seemed to diminish my ability to get effective combined charges. My opponents are much more afraid/distracted by my dryads then my glade riders.

With your input i dropped glade riders added 3rd unit of dryads,7th wardancer and musician to glade guard.

i'll edit my list up top, and i also play on 4x4 tables with 4-5 pieces of scenery which i'll explain more at top as to why it affects me not taking more Glade Guard
    Last edited by slingbladez; January 12th, 2007 at 20:48.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

It's a good-looking list. I might try it out myself.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    It's a good-looking list. I might try it out myself.
    Sounds good tell me how it goes if ya try it out, i'm going to try it out tuesday.

I'm also thinking of dropping standard/warbanner on wild riders and replace that with level 4 on my spellweaver and musician for wardancers

I'm going to be taking beasts and maybe that extra spell choice and pd will help, and it gives me a musician for my wardancers. Also there is no standard for them to capture and the VP from that unit is less.

what do you think??
    Last edited by slingbladez; January 15th, 2007 at 22:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

A fairly decent list, and it certainly looks like you're covering all your bases. Personally, I'd take more Glade Guard, less Dryads and ditch the Great Eagle, but that's just me.

I'll certainly give it a try and see how it works, though I need to buy some Treekin first... Well, payday soon.

GS

+ Reply to Thread