Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
EDIT: Some point totals removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04
I've been thinking about getting into another army and I thought Wood Elves might be fun, so here's a list I've been thinking about:
1x Highborn: GW, LA, Enchanted Shield, Amber Pendant, Hail of Doom
Unit Total: 229
1x Altar Noble: BSB, Sword of Might, Annoyance of Netlings
Unit Total: 145
1x Spellsinger: Lvl 2, Deepwood Sphere
Unit Total: 150
1x Spellsinger: Lvl 1, Cluster of Radiants:
Unit Total: 140
Character Total: 664 (33%)
8x Glave Guard
8x Glave Guard
Core Total: 480 (24%)
Unit Total: 144
5x Wild Riders: Full Command
Unit Total: 166
Special Total: 570 (29%)
Rare Total: (14%)
Army Total: 1999
The basic goal of the list is to have a strong centre of multitudinous efficient units (the dryads and warddancers with glave guard in support), with Treekin, Treemen and Glave Guard being heavy hitters. The characters offer magic and combat support.
Last edited by DavidWC09; January 25th, 2007 at 13:04.
Beasts of Chaos (4000)
Chaos Marines (3000)
i noticed that you didnt take any waywatchers. id say that a unit of atleast 5(again, i run 8-10...slightly over the recomended...but i play alot of brets and chaos and that lethal shot is a god send).
I also see that you are using a bit of forest spirits, and i recommend taking a good magic base. something can look like this (for defencive magic, just a note):
-Take a spelleaver as your lord, give her the wand of the wytch elm(reroll dispel) and a scoll, keep her level 3.
-Than take a spellweaver(can upgrade her if you want. i would) and give her divination orb. -Then a branchwraith lvl. 1 and cluster of radiants.
a little high point wise, but solid dispel pile.
this will give you 7 dispel dice, rerolling failed, and when you opponent rolls more than 2 dice for a spell(anything that will really come to bite you), and plus the magic resistance on your wardancers and wild riders. very nice, and ill say that that load out saved me life against tzeench(ran 30 some dryads and 16 wild riders...i was thanking god when i god rid of his magic missles)
nice list though, hope i can help without screwing up your tactics.
well where to begin?
1. DONT Post point cost for units, only the total at the bottom. You dont want DavidVC04 getting grouchy.....
2. Your battle Standard bearer cannot happen. Alter Kindreds cant be in units, and cant be a BSB.
3. Your Spellsinger cant take cluster of radients. Only Branchwraiths and Treeman ancients.
4. you MUST have 10 glaDe guards in a unit. Its illegal otherwise because the unit size is minimum 10
5. Drop the Highborn, or turn him into a wardancer highborn. I use him with annoyens of netlings, blades of Loec, and moonstone, with a bodyguard of 10 wardancers at least. If you want to keep your highborn, get him a unit of eternal guard for protection and stuburnness.
6. Along with these lines, i would give your HailoDoom to your noble, because the BS doesnt make that big a difference. I would use light armour, a shield, helm of hunt and then a great weapon, and then you have a real nice combo. (almost all wood elves palyers use that combo, its just so darn good)
Overall: I like the list, but you might want to change the illegal stuff first. Other than that i think its worth using, and would be pretty effective.
"This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
185th Cadian Armored Div.
"One Shot, One Kill"
Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren
I have seen people run a BSB (which has to be non-kindred) in a unit of wardancers. Then keep the wardancers close to the treeman so that he can reroll any failed stubborn tests.
But yeah, there are a lot of basic corrections to make, which Toast has pointed out, just to get the list legal.
Overall, it's fairly balanced. As for 4 TK or 3 with elder, I'd say go with four. That's a lot of hitting power. Myself, I use three with no champion, but there are plenty of people who advocate going four wide.
I think three is more maneuverable and easier to play with. And less points to lose if they die.
Give your GG musicians. They will be fleeing, both on purpose and because they will get the snot kicked out of them in combat sooner or later.