1000 pt list with Wild Riders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt list with Wild Riders

Well thanks to David ive decided to run Wood Elves. So far i have 12 dryads and a noble and i wanted to expand. My list is comprised of my favorite looking units and is arranged to fight elves since thats what i mostly play against.

Heroes:

Wood Elf Noble
    Hail of Doom Arrows
    Scout Kindred
    Longbow
    Light Armour
    2 hand weapons

Core:

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

In case one gets charged i have another right next to him to flank.

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

Hopefully i can get 2 hills for these guys and deploy them in the middle for maximum firing power.

8 Scouts

Here goes the Noble and hopefully i can get a good forest near a vulnerable unit to scout them in.

Special:

5 Wild Riders
    Musician

These guys are a great flank unit that id use to haress the elven flanks and with s4 and fast cav these guys are deadly.

8 Wardancers

This squad is my real hard hitter, ive taken chaos knights out with them. with low elven toughness these will easily slice through any unit they can throw at me.

The biggest weakness of this army is its lack of numbers and its lack of armor(which is expected in an elven army), but is heavy on the ward saves. Im thinking of dropping the wild riders and the scouts and maybe get glade riders and a branchwraith or some waywatchers and make my noble an alter kindred. Ive never used or played against warhawks or eagles so they might be fun to use if i can find the room.

Any comments, opinions or weaknesses of my list are appreciated.

Usually my deployment would go like this

Dryads Dryads GG GG WR Wardancers

Scouts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

hey I am still very new to warhammer but it seems to me that you are weak against magic. You have no extra magic defense added to the 2 dispel dices all armies start with. Elves are known for good magic right? so if you are playing mainly elves it may be good to consider adding a spell caster.

I like your wild riders, I have not found a spot for them point wise in building my 1000 pts (currently working on my 1000pts lsit) list but i wanted to.

hope this helps.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Junior Member vostroyan_command's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally id remove the scouts for a mage (as Trodi said no magic) and with the dryads id make them 12 man/tree units cause although immune to psycology youll still be taking break tests and with 24 rather than 16 youve got much better (or you could take 3 units of
    Contempt is my armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would definitly try to get some magical defecn in there. you could even just get a branchwraith with cluster of radiants .

+ Reply to Thread