2000 points prospective competitive list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points prospective competitive list

1x Spellsinger, 2 Dispel Scrolls
    10x Glade Guard, Musician
    9x Dryads
    9x Dryads
    9x Dryads
    9x Dryads
    3x Tree kin
    3x Tree Kin
    6x Wild Riders, Full Command

EDITED april 11. Free up 134 points by dropping caster level, horses and glamour weave. I'm trying to decide the best way to spend these points. I'm inbetween adding more dryads, more tree kin, perhaps waywatchers...

EDITED again. I decided to add full command and an extra rider to each of the wild rider units for added durability and hitting power. I think the army list is now complete. Tell me what you think.

"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

THe extra glade guard will kill more in the long run than the treekin do. Plus, 40 GG are a BIG distraction. Enemies will need to spend a lot of energy to significantly reduce your archery. Meanwhile, your forest spirits will be bearing down on them.

I think a nasty trick would be to put the moonstone of hidden ways on a spellsinger and teleport a wild rider unit behind enemy lines. That would really freak someone out.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117 View Post
    1x Spellsinger, Glamourweave, Horse, 2 Dispel Scrolls
    At 2000 pts, why not a spell weaver, I may be wrong as I do not have an army book with me
    1x Spellsinger, Glamourweave, Horse, 2 Dispel Scrolls
    I've always heard that glamourweave was a waste of points, but I've never used it so Also, thats a LOT of dispell scrolls.
    Good
    Good
    Good
    Hm. This is a lot of Glade gaurd, but does go well with a static shooty list.
    12x Dryads
    Good
    12x Dryads
    Always Nice
    12x Dryads
    Looking Good.
    3x Tree kin
    Nice
    3x Tree Kin
    No Treeman, Either way, Looks good.
    5x Wild Riders
    Go wild riders go!
    5x Wild Riders
    Like it.
    Spellsingers go with Wild Riders.

I'm a little undecided about that 4th glade guard unit. I don't know if I'd rather have them or 1 more tree kin in each unit. Tell me what you think. Any comments are appreciated.
    Overall, I guess I like it, it's very..shooty.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I edited the list some and freed up some points. Tell me what you think.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Another unit of dryads, IMO. That would let you have a lot of strike force; plus, if you lose a unit or two to shooting/magic, and you know you will, then you have plenty of hitters left.

You have the free musician for your wild riders, right?

Myself, I like a champ with the wild riders since they don't get their bonus attacks until they haven't charged. That extra attack can mean a lot, and when they do get the bonus attack, the additional blow from the champ can definitely help.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I edited again, using the left over points to give the riders full command and an extra model. This list looks pretty solid to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

9x Dryads
    9x Dryads
    9x Dryads
    9x Dryads
    3x Tree kin
    3x Tree Kin
    The list could possibly do a very good job but there is a lot of things that I would personally change. Your 2 Spellsingers for example that is 100 points going into Dispel Scrolls and that is a lot. I would drop one of them and make it a Lv1 Branchwraith with a Cluster of Radiants. That gives you 5 Dispel Dice and 2 Scrolls. That is more then enough Dispel Power. As for the Glade Guard I think 40 is a little much. I would only use 30 and drop the Musicians. 40 will be hard to deploy correctly and that is a pain in the @$$. And if you do that you could pick up a unit of Glade Riders (which are seriously underestimated). I don't see anything wrong with the Dryads or the Tree Kin. The Wild Riders look great. Overall the list was a good one and what I have written down is purely my preference. I just have one question for ya. Where is your Treeman??? :shifty:
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treemen look good but they can easily get capped by bolt throwers, cannons, etc.. am I right? Treekin look all-around better for their points.

On a 4x6 board deploying 4 8" segments of archers shouldn't be too rough, right?

Also, what do glade riders have to offer over wild riders? I mean the only advantages seem to be that they are 2 points cheaper and have long bows, while the wild riders have +1 WS, +1 S, Immune to psychology, a 5+/6+ ward save, +1 attack on following rounds, fear on the charge, etc.

Oh and why would you suggest dropping the musicians? 6 points seems like a good deal to help regroup the archers if they get broken.

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Treemen look good but they can easily get capped by bolt throwers, cannons, etc.. am I right? Treekin look all-around better for their points.
    The cannons they can get popped by I have had it happen to me once but as for the bolt throwers I have yet to lose a Treeman to one. It's really up to you but I think Treekin are harder to move around then a single monster model and that helps me out a lot since i use the Wood Elves mobility to my advantage.

On a 4x6 board deploying 4 8" segments of archers shouldn't be too rough, right?
    Unless you have hills etc. I have found it hard to be able to get the all of the archers shots off. The reasoning behind this is because you have lots of other models that you need to get into combat and they will block LOS. It's difficult to get their placement right.

Also, what do glade riders have to offer over wild riders? I mean the only advantages seem to be that they are 2 points cheaper and have long bows, while the wild riders have +1 WS, +1 S, Immune to psychology, a 5+/6+ ward save, +1 attack on following rounds, fear on the charge, etc.
    I don't know if you thought I was saying Wild Riders were a bad unit I may have made it sound that way but they are not a bad unit by any means. Glade Riders can shoot 30" and they are 2 points cheaper (which isn't much but it might help). Wild Riders and Glade Riders play entirely different roles. Glade Riders are meant to help units out and go mage hunting etc. (that's what I use them for) and people serioously underestimate them quite a bit. While Wild Riders can actually charge a unit and get somewhat good results and if you have a character in there that is even better.

Oh and why would you suggest dropping the musicians? 6 points seems like a good deal to help regroup the archers if they get broken.
    I was only suggesting this b/c I keep my Glade Guard out of Close Combat and I don't even let them get in the position where they could possibly get charged, therefore Musicians in my Glade Guard unit(s) are a total waste of points but that's my Glade Guard not yours. Good luck with the list man!!!
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread