2250 Tournament/Friendly Asrai - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

2250 Tournament/Friendly Asrai

Hey so this is a potential list I have come up with (rough and needing revisions). I like the idea of puting together an an all asrai list:

Characters:
    Highborn: Rhymer's Harp, lt armour, enchanted shield
    Noble: BSB, AoN, sword of might, lt armour
    Spellsinger: level 2 took out stave...
    Spellsinger: Dispell Scroll, Dispell scroll Reduced to level 1...

Core:
    19 Eternal Guard full command, war banner back to two units
    19 Eternal Guard full command

10 Glade Guard took out musicians
    10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard

5 Glade Riders +M

5 Scouts SB +Banner of Zeneth

Special:
    7 Wardancers +M
    7 Wardancers +M
    5 Wild Riders (Automatically get musician) + Champ

Rare:
    Great eagle

Total: 2246
    Power Dice: 5
    Dispell Dice: 4 (2xdispell scrolls)

All of this is open to changes (except of course the theme). I need to change up the items for my characters, that is just a rough possibility. Also, putting champs in the wardancers and wild riders, yay or nay?

Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!!!

P.S. -- also, I don't think this could fit but maybe adding a highborn on a dragon? This is mainly just because the dragons are really cool. may be way too many points and require changing lots of the set up.

Last edited by trodi; April 14th, 2007 at 00:34. Reason: revising list
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    Hey so this is a potential list I have come up with (rough and needing revisions). I like the idea of puting together an an all asrai list:

Characters:
    Highborn: Rhymer's Harp, lt armour, shield, sword of might
    Noble: BSB, AoN, sword of might, lt armour
    Spellsinger: level 2, Calaingor's Stave
    Spellsinger: level 2, Dispell Scroll, Dispell scroll
    Good. I like the characters, No Spirit Sword? But it's so fun to watch your opponent loose morale over their character taking 12 wounds.
    Core:
    19 Eternal Guard full command, war banner
    19 Eternal Guard full command
    10 Glade Guard +M
    10 Glade Guard +M
    10 Glade Guard +M
    5 Glade Riders +M
    5 Scouts + Banner of Zeneth
    Love it. I like the usage of the scout idea.
    Special:
    7 Wardancers +M
    7 Wardancers +M
    5 Wild Riders (Automatically get musician)
    I like Full Cmd on wild riders,and the banner of dwindling isnt always bad, otherwise I like it.
    Rare:50
    Great eagle
    Not a big fan of Great Eagles, it may just be me though.
    Total: 2279 (29 pts over)

All of this is open to changes (except of course the theme). I need to change up the items for my characters, that is just a rough possibility. Also, putting champs in the wardancers and wild riders, yay or nay?

Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!!!

P.S. -- also, I don't think this could fit but maybe adding a highborn on a dragon? This is mainly just because the dragons are really cool. may be way too many points and require changing lots of the set up.
    Looks good, but I don't like eagles. Hazzah! I was first to post

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

should i maybe drop a unit of glade guard to get the points? idk, it seems like 2 units may significantly reduce the amount i can dwindle them down...but maybe that isn't too bad?
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

I never take less than 30 glade guard in anything over 2000pts. Gotta keep the number of arrow shots up enough to make your opponent sweat it or else he'll spend that time focusing on the real threats.

The scouts w/ zenith banner is one of my favorite combos, though the idea of scouts trying to creep around with a banner is comical.

Only issue I can see is wardancers with no screeners and no moonstone - this could equate to dead wardancers before they've had a chance to do much. What are your ideas to get around this? Most players aren't dumb - if they see wardancer units running toward them, they will devote a lot of resources to making sure the wardancers don't make it.

Other than that I like the list. I'd be curious to see how the two blocks of EG work together. My last thought was that 2 units of 20 in a 2250pt game might be a bit small. I'd be tempted to turn them into one unit of 40 with both nobles in it, since you're clearly going for the BSB/Rhymer's Harp combo. Seems like this combo might be even more effective in a big block of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Ok, I'll keep the 3 units of GG. -maybe i'll take away their musicians and find some other ways to widdle down the points-

A unit of 40 eternal guard would indeed be powerful! I'm not sure, but i'm worried that if i take a unit of 40 EG instead that it will be harder to maneurver, easier to get out maneurvered i guess. what are your thoughts? Though this way I wouldnt have to worry about both units taking challenges. How would you run such a large unit? 6x6 with 4 in the 7th? or even wider?? Maybe that would make a strong center. as long as it doesnt get blown up by a cannon. (I did read that one thread where a guy based his army on eternal guard / *sparta* with two massive units of EG, like 40 and 70)

About wardancers, they are vurnable to shooting and magic...my style of play has been, so far, to try and make the enemy come to my, while I try and set up the best way to recieve, fank etc while shooting them :yes: So taking that into account, I would see using the wardancers as either a counter charge or help in a gang bang charge, until then I would keep them in the trees or out of sight.
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    ... (I did read that one thread where a guy based his army on eternal guard / *sparta* with two massive units of EG, like 40 and 70)

I did build such an army based upon the Greek City State of Thebes and it works extremely well!

Using just one unit of 40 will give you a solid core to the army then having conbat eliments that surround it like treemen, dryads, wardancers, and wild riders will allow you to focus on the opponet's strong point with the dangerous EG unit making him rather nervous and still have plenty of points to surround him with deadly combat units. You could pin him in place by surrounding him then lock in combat with the immovable EG while the rest of your army fights onthe flank/rear to decimate his units.

I made the army work the best it could based uponthe historical background I chose touse.. however it could be much more effective with the right units in place of all the extra EG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Thanks for the tid bit Stategos, helps to hear how someone uses similar ideas etc ::Rep:: -that came out awkward, but you know what i mean- how do you run your units of eternal, aka how many units wide? with such a big unit i would think you would want to go ahead and expand frontage to 6, maybe 7?

I'll update the list tomorrow to merge the two units, that will also save me points in paying for one less full command. I'm still slightly worried about cannons shooting my unit, but i have not faced an army with any yet so i'll find out. maybe my great eagle is a good unit to take out a warmachine with? or is it too weak?

is a unit of 5 wild riders too small? I've seen people use units on this forum of up to 10! I think that is too much, but is a 6th rider pretty helpful?

Thanks, and feel free to shoot down any of my ideas! :w00t:
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 70-eg is 10 wide and my 30-eg is 15 wide just to allow them to have an area wide enough to pin the enemy down, so they don't get too flighty and try and escape.

5-6 Wild Riders is ideal as far as I see it. Any more than that is a waste I think since you can never get a rank bonus and the fear/outnumber bonus is not helpful enough to warrant paying another 100+ points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    I did build such an army based upon the Greek City State of Thebes and it works extremely well!

Using just one unit of 40 will give you a solid core to the army then having conbat eliments that surround it like treemen, dryads, wardancers, and wild riders will allow you to focus on the opponet's strong point with the dangerous EG unit making him rather nervous and still have plenty of points to surround him with deadly combat units. You could pin him in place by surrounding him then lock in combat with the immovable EG while the rest of your army fights onthe flank/rear to decimate his units.

I made the army work the best it could based uponthe historical background I chose touse.. however it could be much more effective with the right units in place of all the extra EG!
    The Thebians makes much much more sense as Spartans were much stronger and tougher than any other Greek City State. And a little tidbit of history is that a 'Phalanx' is the Macedonian formation which is 16x16 with 20-25 foot spears. The Greeks used a much smaller 6x8 concept. The Thebians..interesting choice as I know history on them that may be inappropriate for the forums...

The Large units would be very clumsy, but powerful nonetheless.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

ok so i updated the list. I was reading about the Royal banner, and it looks like it could do some great wonders when given to a BSB. but point wise, it is crazy. Does the magic resist accumulate? like since wardancers already have (1) and teh banner gives (1) does that mean they have magic resist (2)? If so, I might need to try and work in this banner! anyway, tell me what yall think
    San Antonio Alamo GT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast