2000pts on 4x4 Table - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts on 4x4 Table

I'm trying to make a balanced army as i get almost every army type and lots of skilled players at my store. I've been playing on 4x4 tables and i find it's alot different then 4x6, so what do you think of this army on a 4x4 table with 4-5 pieces of scenery + my free wood.

Lord
    Treeman Ancient- Annoyance of Netlings

Hero
    Spellsinger + Level 2 + 2 Dispell Scroll
    BranchWraith + Level 1 + Cluster of Radiants

Core = 528
    1x10 Glade Guard
    1x10 Glade Guard
    1x8 Dryads
    1x8 Dryads
    1x8 Dryads

Special = 683
    1x9 Wardancers w/musician
    1x6 Wild Riders w/mus/standard/warbanner
    1x3 Warhawk Riders
    1x3 Treekin

Rare
    1x5 Waywatchers

Total = 1996, 10 Units,5 PD,5 DD,2 Bound Treesing,2 D Scroll

Thanks for the input, only change i've thought of is adding 1 treekin(when i buy another today), dropping 2 wardancers and a scroll.

Last edited by slingbladez; May 8th, 2007 at 18:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

I guess my first point of interest is the 4x4 table - seems like it would be a hindrance to wood elves, since we rely on out-maneuvering our opponents. A 4x4 table with that much scenery sounds more like a 40K board than a WFB board. Is it a lack of 4x6 table that leads to this? How do you find the wood elves play on such a small field? Sure, your glade guard are in short range a lot sooner, but that seems like it might be the only real benefit.

I don't often see the Ancient at less than 2500pts. The list seems character-heavy to me, but that's really just a matter of personal preference. I like the list as a whole - seems like it could be pretty potent. I wouldn't exchange wardancers for another treekin though - I think you'll get more out of the wardancers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

4X4 is just plain bad for woodies.

Misanthrope09 is quite right. The terrain seems to be more 40kish than WHFB.

Dryads and fast moving units will be key. It will be vital to get into enemy flanks
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread