2k - fly high my pretties - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

2k - fly high my pretties

i've already posted my dual treeman list (2000 pts dual treeman) , but this is a fun list with a dragon i play solely against my friends' khorne and dwarfs. should one of those opponents ever switch to something with more magic, i'll just switch out one of the nobles for a scrollcaddy

highborn

helm of the hunt
    stone of the crystal mere
    sword of might
    hail of doom arrow
    light armor
    shield

forest dragon

571 pts

noble

wraithstone
    light armor
    shield
    spear

great eagle

181 pts

noble

a blight of terrors
    light armor
    shield
    spear

great eagle

181 pts

core:

5 glade riders
    musican
    129 pts

8 dryads

8 dryads

10 glade guard
    musican
    126 pts

special:

8 wardancers
    champion
    musician
    165 pts

6 wild riders
    musician
    standard bearer
    warbannner
    199 pts

6 wild riders
    musician
    156 pts

rare:

great eagle

great eagle

grand total = 2000

so there it is; 5 flying units, 2 of which cause terror, and a whole lot of fast units which move almost as fast as my flyers to get to where i need to get very swiftly.
    i haven't included a lot of archers since i want to get into cc as quickly as possible, but still be able to weaken the player i'm not spending my full attention on at that moment when we're playing FFA with all 3 armies, or if i just want to shoot at fleeing units :shifty:.
    the list was a little different at first (e.g. it had no GG), but i had some help with it from the good people at asrai.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It is an interesting concept but rather one dimensional.

I don't want to be negative about it but there are a lot of high leadership or ITP armies out there where your terror tests wont do anything. I have always seen them as a bonus, not the core tactic of the army.

Things that will cause you probelms.

1. Undead, ITP
    2. Woodelves (shooting and a lot of ITP)
    3. Dwarves (shooting and high leadership)
    4. Empire gunlines
    5. Magic.

Things that you will need to do.

1. Kill mages
    2. Kill warmachines and missile troops ASAP
    3. Hope you roll a 6 on the monster reaction table when your highborn dies.

Its all well and good being fast but you need to have hitting power as well. Apart from the dragon and wardancers you have nothing that can deal with heavily armour units like cavalry.

The fast units work well for march blocking but you don't have enough archers to take advantage of it.

Best of luck.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

aren't the warhawk riders special? You could add them to the mix and have a super flyer army. This sounds kind of fun to play. Hopefully you'll get to go first against the dwarves, otherwise their cannons may take out your dragon or at least wound it severely (or worse, hit the high noble and kill him before you get to use him) I guess you could always stick him behind your tree placement, but a cany dwarf won't put all his warmahines together after the first game you play with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Skars, it seems that's going to bounce off any army with really any tough troops. Do you beat Khorne / Dwarves with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    Its all well and good being fast but you need to have hitting power as well. Apart from the dragon and wardancers you have nothing that can deal with heavily armour units like cavalry.

The fast units work well for march blocking but you don't have enough archers to take advantage of it.

Best of luck.
    well thanks for the luck, but i'll admit; if i can't get a unit to break on the charge, i'm rather screwed :sleep: .
    that's what all the fast units are for; attacking unit per unit, mostly 2 units at any given time.
    WR w/ warbanner on the charge are quite lethal, but when failing to send the enemy running because i couldn't overwhelm them, they're as good as dead :cry:. i always try to get a frontal, rear, and flank charge in on the same turn
    the 3+ ward save on the highborn and dragon really help its survivability.
    strong units are not that big of a problem, but itp, that's a whole different story.

the one thing i don't have is an anvil. the list used to have a treeman, but was found too costly to include in an army which already has a dragon

in truth, i also see terror as a bonus, and i can always change the wraithstone and blight of terrors for some other items should i choose, but in combination, it's quite good, not perfect, but still; if there are more terror tests, at lowered ld, there's a higher chance they'll fail one.

if you have any recommendations on changes that should be made according to you, you're welcome to post them, but i'm keeping the dragon in

+ Reply to Thread