2k winning list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k winning list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

2k winning list

This army got me 3 massacres today against Bretonnians, Khornate Chaos (mainly Warriors and Chosen Knights) and Dwarfs (only 2 war machines!). Whee!

Lord
    Highborn, Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
    Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Amber Pendant

Heroes
    Noble, Alter, Light Armour, Great Weapon
    Helm of The Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow

Spellsinger, Level 2
    2 Dispel Scrolls

Core
    20 Eternal Guard, Full CG, Banner of Dwindling
    20 Eternal Guard, Full CG
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

Special
    6 Wild Riders, Full Command, Banner of The Zenith
    7 Wardancers, Full Command

Rare
    Treeman

Suffered most casualties against Khorne, but I wiped him out completely in the end. Too bad it wasn't a tournament.

GS

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I'm lovin this list dude. Would you care if I stole it form you?
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I really like some of this make up you have here, and I am glad you now like EG. I've been telling of their greatness! haha. Just wondering, it looks like you don't attach any nobles to the EG units? They lose their subborn with out a noble/highborn in the unit. How have they been holding up? I'm am sad to not see any scouts though. How does the WR with Zenith been working for you?
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    I really like some of this make up you have here, and I am glad you now like EG. I've been telling of their greatness! haha. Just wondering, it looks like you don't attach any nobles to the EG units? They lose their subborn with out a noble/highborn in the unit. How have they been holding up?
    Yeah, they are ace. I think I just settled on a list that worked, and got stuck in a rut. I thought I'd shake things up a bit. I've been putting the Highborn in with the unit carrying the Banner of Dwindling. The extra EG was put in to make up the points. I'm going to swap him for a Dryad though.

I'm am sad to not see any scouts though.
    I might get round to using them one day. It's only a matter of time, I suspect.

How does the WR with Zenith been working for you?
    Very well except against Dwarfs (obviously). The look on my Bretonnian-playing opponent's face when he measured to see if he was march blocked was priceless. It kept his Questing Knights out of the way for two whole turns. :w00t: It would probably work well with a unit of GR too, but I it was a choice between them and WR and, well... Wild Riders are for the win.

GS
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by churchic View Post
    I'm lovin this list dude. Would you care if I stole it form you?
    Not at all, mate. Go nuts.

GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

nice thread steve.

nice list too...just wondering how the EG are so good....they certainly don't seem to be a 'normal' choice.
    but as I'm for unusual army lists, thats a good thing.
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

well for a start they give your army a decent start to combat rez, ranks+banner bonuses so can easily win vs another ranked unit.

the front rank has 2 attacks, and the second rank gets to attack (not on a charge though and only 1 attack per model)
    so first round of combat you have 10 attacks, secound round 15 (excluding chars of course)

you can make the unit stubborn as well if you put a character in them so they wont break if they fail combat

they have high WS so hit easy, the only drawbacks are they are Str3 with 5+ armour save and cost a bomb, (to counter the poor armour save people put a character with 5+ ward for self+unit magic item in them so they have survivability)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

They're WS 5 and Stubborn. Basically, they're a unit of "basic" troops that can chuck out 11 attacks on the charge, 16 otherwise. They're also the only unit in a Wood Elf army that can realistically obtain a rank bonus. Oh yeah, and they count as having Heavy Armour too.

On a slightly different note, I went back to using my old army list (MSU, Lv 4 and 2 Lv 2's) for a bit of variety today. Scraped a Minor Victory against Dwarfs (by 27 VPs) and a Solid Victory against Tzeentch Beastmen. Neither army used any EG. Wood Elves are equally effective with them as without them, as amazing as they are.

And yes, S3 sucks.

GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I think they are a great unit, but their weakest attribute is S3. Not the T3 becasue high WS and heavy armor (5+). (And with Rhymer's Harp you get a 5+ ward) But with around 16 attacks coming in, 2/3 hitting, even against high T enemies they are going to get those needed 6's. But this is, IMO, the reason for your noble there, he can have a great weapon S6 to deal with that stuff.

WE are very diverse! They can do so many things depending on how you build your army.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

+ Reply to Thread