Two Thousand vs. Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Two Thousand vs. Tomb Kings

Spellweaver, lvl 3, general, dispel scroll, wand of wych elm
    Spellsinger, lvl 1, dispel scroll x 2
    Branchwraith, lvl 1, cluster of radiants, murder of spites
    Scout Noble, hail of doom arrow, enchanted shield

GG x 10
    GG x 10
    Dryads x 8
    Dryads x 8

Wardancers x 7, fc
    Wardancers x 7, fc
    Wardancers x 6, fc
    Wild Riders x 7, fc, war banner

Waywatchers x 7

74 models
    7 dispel dice, 3 scrolls
    7 casting dice

Lots of anti-magic for a strong TK magic phase. Plenty of ItP units for the fear causers. A mass of Wardancers will hew down skeleton archers. Hopefully, the Waywatchers will jump the Casket of Souls. The scout might or might not deploy with them: depends on if the WW use their special or regular scouting rules.

The tomb guard and mammoth scorpions will cause plenty of problems, but hopefully the wild riders and war dancers can muster enough attacks to kill them off one by one.

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The character loadout looks good for TK.

I'd say that this is one list where you want your Moonstone Wardancer.

You need to stop the Catapault/archers. The always hit on a 5+ ability of the archers is very annoying and your wardancers wont survive that for long.

I am surprised you haven't gone for tougher units. Do you know if there will be many chariots? Do you have a plan for them?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Spellweaver, lvl 3, general, dispel scroll, wand of wych elm
    Spellsinger, lvl 1, dispel scroll x 2
    Branchwraith, lvl 1, cluster of radiants, murder of spites
    Scout Noble, hail of doom arrow, enchanted shield
    I think this is a little overkill in the magic/anti-magic department. In 2,000 point games I always run a Lv2 Spellsinger w/ 2 Scrolls and a Lv1 Branchwraith w/ a Cluster of Radiants. That gives you 5 Dispel Dice and 2 Scrolls which is more then enough to handle a TK army. Then you could throw a Moonstone bearing, Blades of Loec clinching Wardancer Highborn in the mix. I think that would be better for you. But that's just me.

GG x 10
    GG x 10
    I think this is just the perfect number for these guys.

Dryads x 8
    Dryads x 8
    I don't think 16 is enough of these little tree dudes. I run at least 24 in a 2,000 pt game. I would get another unit of 8 to deal with Scorpions etc.

Wardancers x 7, fc
    Wardancers x 7, fc
    Wardancers x 6, fc
    This is to many Wardancers IMO. These guys can pack a serious punch but they have a glass chin. I usually only run 2 units of 7. One is running around with the Wardancer Noble/Highborn while the other unit is shielded by a unit of Dryads or something along those lines.

Wild Riders x 7, fc, war banner
    Wild Riders are a fun unit but I think 6 would do the job just fine.

Waywatchers x 7
    I only use these guys in 2,500+ pt games. But I can see where you would want to use them. If it were me playing this game I would get rid of them entirely and use the Moonstone unit to get to the Casket of Souls but that's just me.

And I have to agree with Skarsgard. I would get tougher units ie. a Treeman and more Dryads. They can pack a punch and they can take a punch and they will stick around in combat for a bit. And like Skarsgard said, how do you plan on dealing with chariots?
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why no birds?

i think your best bet in taking out a magic heavy tk army is to absorb it will scrols then punish it by hunting the wizards. great eagles and warhawks re great for this especialty the hit and run ability. the scrolls will quickly frustrate him. treekin are also helpful if you can pick of any chariots from the main force or negate his rank bonus they wil quickly get their piont cost back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I didn't get to play TK with the list, but I used it against LM and won soundly. The excess Wardancers is only because I happen to have the models--just finished 6 that are bound for eBay. So I thought it'd be fun to run 20 of them just for kicks and giggles.

Magic never accomplished much, but opponent magic wasn't a factor either.

The waywatchers were there to jump the casket of souls; instead they jumped a skink priest and killed him good on turn 1. They actually performed rather well all things considered.

It was a very unusual list for me, but I like switching things up. I was surprised just how well it did, so I'll probably refit the heroes and try it again.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread