2000pt Hunt themed no orion plz comment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Hunt themed no orion plz comment

I wanted to do an army themed on the hunt but i couldnt find a way to sink so many points into Orion without risking him getting slaughtered cuz of his lack of armor. I figure this army is kinda based on the hunt but also like there is so much magic and energy in the air the forest is participating and the trees are coming alive.The problem is that i couldnt use WR as core and i wanted an excuse for a Treeman cuz they are awesome if u support them. here it is:

Lords:
    Highborn @ 298
    Light armor, Chanted sheild, Bow of Loren, Arcan Bodkns, Stone of crystal myr, Great Eagle

this guy is flying around shooting the crap out of stuff with 2 up saves and/or mages alone and/or war machines. I considered giving him a Hail of doom arrow, but he costs too much so i need the stone to protect against cannonballs.

Heoes:
    Wood Elf N oble @ 210
    WR kindred, great stag, Twilight spear, Helm o' The hunt
    i no hes not allowed to have the helm but my friends understand as they think, like me, that its bogus that he cant wear the helm of the hunt wen he is all about the hunt as a WR.this guy joins the unit of 7 WR and uses his killing blow to hunt heavy armor and/or characters.

Spellsinger @ 175
    2nd lv wiz, 2 dispell scrolls

Spellsinger @ 175
    2nd Lv wiz, 2 power stones
    the top one casts spells like tree singing and has the scrolls for obvious reasons, the bottom one casts big spells like call of the hunt and ariels blessing.theyre mostly here for defense cuz i commonly play tzeench and VC von carstien and necrarch.

Core:
    12 Dryads @ 156
    Branch Nymph

12 Dryads @ 144

8 Dryads @ 96
    These gus provide a main force of my army so i wont be outnumbered so fast and try to set up the enemy for flank charges by WR or flank charde for the WR. I figure i will have 1 squad flanking/ setting up flank for each WR squad and the last one working with the treeman if he isnt going after chariots/monsters.

Special:
    7 WR @ 218
    Full Command

8 WR @ 244
    Full command
    These guys get in Flank charges and / or let the dryads get in flank charges. also if i charge with them to cause fear then cast that one spell (i forget the name) they will cause terror for 1 turn

Rare:
    Treeman @ 285
    AS stated above, it charges with the dryads so as not to lose by being out numbered(or at least not lose BADLY by being outnumbered) and flanking will work well with that. Otherwise this guy goes up against Monsters unless the lord on eagle killed it by shooting it (Not likely unless it is the only monster i havnt seen...one with no toughness) and/or the WR with noble kills it with a good charge and killing blow.

I am new to WE and i am trying to decide whether to do this list (based on ur reviews) or do an extremely shoty list with waywatchers, wardancers, and 40 or more glade guard. I would like to keep the lord as it is because IMO he seems usefull the way he is and i have an idea for a conversion that would look really cool.So please, rip this list apart, because although i would like a themed list, noone at my local GW plays WE so i dont mind not being themed, because i could play any WE list and not have any similar lists in the same place.My other Fantasy army is Lizardmen, so maybe im thinking with too much of a close combat mindset....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaSquirrel View Post
    I wanted to do an army themed on the hunt but i couldnt find a way to sink so many points into Orion without risking him getting slaughtered cuz of his lack of armor. I figure this army is kinda based on the hunt but also like there is so much magic and energy in the air the forest is participating and the trees are coming alive.The problem is that i couldnt use WR as core and i wanted an excuse for a Treeman cuz they are awesome if u support them. here it is:

Lords:
    Highborn @ 298
    Light armor, Chanted sheild, Bow of Loren, Arcan Bodkns, Stone of crystal myr, Great Eagle

Give him a spear so that if he HAS to charge he's Strength 5

this guy is flying around shooting the crap out of stuff with 2 up saves and/or mages alone and/or war machines. I considered giving him a Hail of doom arrow, but he costs too much so i need the stone to protect against cannonballs.

Heoes:
    Wood Elf N oble @ 210
    WR kindred, great stag, Twilight spear, Helm o' The hunt
    i no hes not allowed to have the helm but my friends understand as they think, like me, that its bogus that he cant wear the helm of the hunt wen he is all about the hunt as a WR.this guy joins the unit of 7 WR and uses his killing blow to hunt heavy armor and/or characters.

Wildriders can't have the Helm of the Hunt.

Spellsinger @ 175
    2nd lv wiz, 2 dispell scrolls

Spellsinger @ 175
    2nd Lv wiz, 2 power stones
    the top one casts spells like tree singing and has the scrolls for obvious reasons, the bottom one casts big spells like call of the hunt and ariels blessing.theyre mostly here for defense cuz i commonly play tzeench and VC von carstien and necrarch.

I understand what your trying to do, but I would mix it up. Give them both a powerstone/dispel scroll. You can't guarrantee what spells they will get.

Core:
    12 Dryads @ 156
    Branch Nymph

Nymphs are a bad idea.

12 Dryads @ 144

8 Dryads @ 96
    These gus provide a main force of my army so i wont be outnumbered so fast and try to set up the enemy for flank charges by WR or flank charde for the WR. I figure i will have 1 squad flanking/ setting up flank for each WR squad and the last one working with the treeman if he isnt going after chariots/monsters.

Special:
    7 WR @ 218
    Full Command

8 WR @ 244
    Full command
    These guys get in Flank charges and / or let the dryads get in flank charges. also if i charge with them to cause fear then cast that one spell (i forget the name) they will cause terror for 1 turn

I'd give 1 unit a warbanner.

Rare:
    Treeman @ 285
    AS stated above, it charges with the dryads so as not to lose by being out numbered(or at least not lose BADLY by being outnumbered) and flanking will work well with that. Otherwise this guy goes up against Monsters unless the lord on eagle killed it by shooting it (Not likely unless it is the only monster i havnt seen...one with no toughness) and/or the WR with noble kills it with a good charge and killing blow.

I am new to WE and i am trying to decide whether to do this list (based on ur reviews) or do an extremely shoty list with waywatchers, wardancers, and 40 or more glade guard. I would like to keep the lord as it is because IMO he seems usefull the way he is and i have an idea for a conversion that would look really cool.So please, rip this list apart, because although i would like a themed list, noone at my local GW plays WE so i dont mind not being themed, because i could play any WE list and not have any similar lists in the same place.My other Fantasy army is Lizardmen, so maybe im thinking with too much of a close combat mindset....
    As it stands it's not really a Wild Hunt army. I think that your list is quite fast with a lot of go forward. However, your characters are very expensive. You have over 1/4 of your army in 4 models. Not a good idea IMHO.

If you do want idea on a wild hunt army (a friend of mine has one), he has glade riders as Core with 4 units of wildriders. If I find a list I'll post it for you to give you an idea of what he did.

With the list you have, I think you could do fairly well depending on how you played it.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

your wild rider unit frontage will be huge! especially if u decide to put your stag character in there, this makes them less manouverable, you only need maximum 7, but i recommend 6 max.

i would suggest u also use units of 8 dryads, this way if they lose and die u dont lose 12 models+champ like u have them currently, they are more flexable too.

as skars said, definately cut down on your character points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Personally, I think that having a larger unit of WR is ok for this army. They are fast cav so it wont really hurt your mobility and you can 6 in the front and the rest behind allowing for wounds due to shooting. This also gives you a chance of out numbering your opponent on the charge (fear auto-break is nasty).

Spellsingers: I would follow Skarsgard's advice here, give each one of each. Better to be safe than sorry. Also if one dies it doesn't take away all of your DD or all your PD.

Dryads: With these guys it seems that you will never get to out number with them and get auto break. I think it would be better to make a new unit of 8 Dryads and reduce your units of 12 to 8. This would give you the chance of more multi-charges. However, if you are trying to make the dryads your "center" and have the WR flank while D attack the front, then with that game plan you may want the larger units to take more casualties.

If you can I would give your Lord on Great Eagle a spear or something bc he will be much more valuable if he can charge too.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its a good list but if you want more of a theme then change your highborn to wild rider kindred.Otherwise good list.

+ Reply to Thread