2250 tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

2250 tourney list

My first Indy GT! I've only played in store tourneys before, so I'm excited to go to Lonewolf, even though I'll likely get my arse handed to me.

Here's the list I'm considering...all advice and opinions are welcome.

There are no comp scores, but lists must be submitted in advance and any deemed unsporting may be disallowed. WWYSIWYG is the rule, which explains a few unit choices, like no 3rd musician in the GG.
    • weaver, lvl 4, scroll, wand of wych elm, general
    • branchwraith, lvl 1, cluster, muster of malevolents
    • noble, lt armor, shield, great weapon, helm of the hunt, hail of doom (joins one unit of wardancers for nasty stand and shoot surprise--can opt for choice of weapons in combat)
    • noble, wardancer, blades of loec--joins other unit of wardancers
    • 10 GG, mus
    • 10 GG, mus
    • 10 GG
    • Glade Riders x 6, mus
    • Dry x 8, nymph
    • Dry x 8, nymph (I usually don't take nymphs but had the odd points and wasn't sure what to do--I've actually found this useful lately...extra attacks do a lot)
    • Wardancers x 7, mus, champ
    • Wardancers x 6, mus, champ
    • Warhawks x 3
    • Great Eagle
    • Treeman

2240 points. I like the balance of Immune to Psych and regular units. Plenty of heavy hitters with dryads, wardancers, and treeman. Each unit of WDs is supported by a hero. Hopefully I can keep the weaver alive to bank VPs. I usually don't take weavers, but in a tourney setting, I know I'll see some nasty magic.

I've got plenty of units that can flee. Lots of archers. Decent magic defense. And it's not the much-hated two treeman/BSB list.

Last edited by DavidWC09; July 12th, 2007 at 04:37.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Hi mate,

Overall I think you've got a good list there. I have only 3 concerns.

1. The nymphs are not a great idea. If you get an enemy character on his lonesome he can challenge her to get away from the rest of the dryads. If you have the model I would have another dryad. Gives you an extra attack and an extra wound.

2. Lack of big hitters. Apart from the treeman and the nobles you have mostly strength 4 combat troops and only 2 units that could effectively deny rank bonus. The treeman and the gladeriders. Have you thought about having some wildriders in the list?

3. Spellweaver. For 330pts is very pricey magic defence and not very effective either. Two level 1's with 2 dispel scrolls each total 280 points and provide the same dispel pool and 4 scrolls. I personaly would take them with 1 each so a total of 230 pts. This gives you the same dispel pool and an extra scroll without being "cheesy". Take the ranu heartstone on one and you should have enough points left over for another unit of something or beef up some other units.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Skar
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Hmm, I'd have to drop a second character to fit two singers in, though I like your logic. I hadn't looked at it that way. I don't think I can get Wild Riders painted in time, though I'd love to include them.

I hadn't looked at the nymph question that way either, so thanks there, too.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; July 12th, 2007 at 05:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I like the list man. I that Skarsgard's idea of 2 spellsingers is a good one. It is however a very sad thing to have to lose one of your nobles. (Hence why I have not yet tried it out.) I do think that is your best bet for magic defence. And a better use of points than to put all your magic defence in one character for more points.

I am inclined to see if I could either add some Wild Riders and/or make the unit of War Hawk Riders to 4. I'm not sure but that way you can lose one and still have US5 to take table corners and all that jazz.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the armies that is going to be at the lonewolf a defense one would be at an advantage. As I have told you I really like the Highborn on an eagle with the bow of loren along with the Arcane Bodkins because I saw some heavy armour armies too. But I do like your list and I know You will do great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Okay, how about this:
    • Highborn, great eagle, bow of loren arcane bodkins, fimbulwinter shard, spear, lt armor, enchanted shield
    • Branchwraith, lvl 1, cluster of radiants
    • Spellsinger, lvl 2, scroll x 2
    • Spellsinger, lvl 2, scroll x 2
    • Glade Guard x 10, mus
    • Glade Guard x 10
    • Glade Guard x 10
    • Dryads x 8
    • Dryads x 8
    • Glade Riders x 6, mus
    • Warhawks x 3
    • Great Eagle
    • Treeman

I'm not sure about the lvl 2 on the singers, but eventually magic could come into play, especially if I luck out with a tree-filled table.

I'm thinking of dropping the branchwraith to get a noble with the hail of doom arrow in. It seems silly not to take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to use the bow of loren and get the full benifit out of it with the arcane bodkins you should never be in combat. So put some protection on him with a 3+ ward save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I actually like the spellweaver. Gives your archers some extra leadership. I would just stick 4 dispel scrolls on her though. The WoWE is only good when you have a lot of dispel dice.

If you are going to take spell singers then drop them down to level 1. Esp. with so many points in characters I think you need more troops.

I would take the weaver you originally had and go with a BSB for your noble. I think they're necessary if you're going to take a treeman. This way you can rely on your treeman to hold any unit and not worry about it being destroyed. It helps you even the odds against cavalry.

I think you need more units that can negate rank bonuses. With some tweaking you can definately fit something else in here.

I would definately drop the branchwraith too. You'll do great against a magic heavy army but you don't have much otherwise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Here's the list I'm going to try tomorrow.
    • Highborn, great eagle, bow of loren, arcane bodkins, fimbulwinter shard, enchanted shield, spear, lt armor
    • noble, scout, light armor, shield, helm of the hunt, HoDA
    • singer, lvl 2, scroll x 2
    • singer, lvl 2, scroll x 2

If the lvl 2 on the singers seems pointless, I will probably drop it. At the very least, I should be able to keep the enemy out of the trees and shift some around a bit, assuming there are any.

The noble may or may not deploy as a scout. He has not scouting unit to join, so he'd be all on his lonesome, which may be why I should put the Briarsheath on him instead of the helmet.
    • GG x 10 x 3
    • Dryads x 8 x 2
    • Glade Riders x 6, mus
    • WD x7 , fc
    • WD x7 , fc
    • Warhawks x 3
    • Eagle
    • Treeman

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Okay, did some butt-kicking against Dark Elves and got my butt kicked by Brets. Lesson learned: list doesn't do well against armored opponents. Will be back with a revision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast