Wardancer Noble: Blades of Loec or Moonstone of Hidden Ways? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardancer Noble: Blades of Loec or Moonstone of Hidden Ways?

So, i've been thinking about which of these two things I should use in my general 1000 point lists. I normaly would decide based on which army I'm playing...but we've gone to a format now where everyone brings one 1000 point list to the day long event and could play any number of people.

So I guess my question is which of these two items would give the most bang for the buck overall?

I'm leaning toward the blades... since there might not be a good placement for using the Moonstone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ------------------------------
    Wood Elves Record (since i started counting)
    Below 1000pts: 1-0-0
    1000 - 1999pts: 5-2-2
    Above 2000pts: 7-1-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

As I am not a fan of the Moonstones, this is an easy one for me.

Blades win hands down. The Moonstones rely on certain terrain being in place and you opponent having anything worthwhile around said terrain.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blades win.

the mmonstone is great but has some flaws, which makes it not worth it. you have to be in a wood to be transported to another wood, and that you do it after you have moved. if it was befoer movment, then i would take it hands down. nobody excpets taht you transport your wardancers, and then flank or rear charge some imortant stuff. also, its a one use item, while the blades are used until you die

the blades are still really good. nothing hurts more then you going into combat with 4-5 attacks, and then wiffing 3 because of bad dice rolls. because of the blades, you re-roll hits, and not only that, you re roll wounds, so you can end up releasing all your potential over and over again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh? where does it say that the blades alow a to-hit reroll? All I'm seeing is the to-wound reroll which seems kinda lame.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Tough one. I'm a huge fan of the moonstone in most games. It has gotten so bad that every time my regular opponent sees a unit of Wardancers, he just assumes they can teleport. The moonstone can be great for getting one of your important units, which may otherwise be vulnerable to shooting, into the thick of it with few casualties.

That said, it can also be a big waste if the terrain doesn't line up for you. The Blades, on the other hand, are almost always a good bet. Hitting is rarely a problem for Wardancers, so the ability to reroll wounds is usually a boon.

Being somewhat of a risk-taker when it comes to magic items, I would probably take the moonstone. Sure, it won't always be useful, but when it can be used it's just fun. The Blades are by far the safer bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

All I'm seeing is the to-wound reroll which seems kinda lame.
    Killing Blow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true. still not seeing the to-hit reroll that was mentioned though.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Unless Krzysio knows something I don't, I suspect that was an error in interpretation. To the best of my knowledge, there is no reroll to hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, judging by the name, Krzysio is my countryman, perhaps its our polish wishful thinking in action Sorry for being a pain, just thought I missed an errata or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You can only reroll to-wounds. I'd go with the Blades of Loec for the reasons already given. As much as I love the Moonstone, it's iffy in any given game whereas the Blades are sure to help.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast