Wood elf lord idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood elf lord idea

I thought this up a while back but i don't know if anyone else uses it.

You take a lord with alter kinred.
    With bow of loren and arcane bodkins
    and any other equipment (G wep light armour etc, helm of the hunt may be good)

anyway, with this you get 5 shots a turn (5 attacks (+1 for alter kinred) and bow of loren) with no armour saves, most likely to hit on a 2/3+.

Also with helm of the hunt you are getting 6 str 6 attacks on the charge (with g wep) if you want to quickly finish off smaller units that will probably be hit my a hail of doom etc.

So wadja think? 5 shots no saves and decent in combat? Only problem is that he maybe shot but try and use your dryads and other units etc to distract them

Xbox Live gamertag: baby pigeon , if you want to add me and have a game of gears or something, send me a friend request and put librarium online in the message.
    You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules. You are not your post count. You are not you rep. You are not your title

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with this is, if he's in combat, he's not shooting, and if he's shooting, then he's not in combat, which means that you've wasted either the great weapon/ Helm of the Hunt or you've watsed the Bow and Bodkins for that turn. It's best to have you Lord do one thing very well, rather than two half way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

The problem is that the shots are still only S3.

The lord will perform very well against armies with heavy cav. but otherwise will be a waste.

The only time I take a lord is to give him the Rhymer's Harp. Otherwise I find its just too many points.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I used the setup quite a bit in 6th edition, before man-sized targets on their own became such easy targets.

Actually, I did this:
    1.Highborn, alter, great weapon, lt armor, shield, arcane bodkins, bow of loren, amber pendant
    2. noble, alter, great weapon, lt armor, shield, helm of the hunt, hail of doom arrow

Working together, they have terrific firepower. If the situation calls for it, as often it does late in the game, they charge in tandem, striking with ten strength 6 attacks at a high weapon skill. Usually nothing was left to strike back. If the enemy unit held, the pendant insured that most of the models in btb contact would go last; most of the time, both characters swung first, except for maybe one foot troop on the noble's far edge. Then it's nine attacks at strength 6. They won lots of games for me.

As for the shooting/not fighting vice-versa argument, so what? They're more versatile this way. If it's best to shoot, they shoot. If they're in danger, I throw them into combat so that they can't be shot at or hit with magic. It's just plain ugly, it is.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I agree with David here. It is not a wast to have your highborn capable of both. I think he would be a waste of points if he could only shoot due to S3. This way he is very versital and you are didn't waste 250 points if you face an army that is not Bret or w.e.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool

- it was just a suggestion(sp?) as i was taking a look at the army book
    cheers for posting/viewing lol (i'm new to this forum)
    Xbox Live gamertag: baby pigeon , if you want to add me and have a game of gears or something, send me a friend request and put librarium online in the message.
    You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules. You are not your post count. You are not you rep. You are not your title

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Well, welcome to LO, Baby Pigeon. Your tour will begin momentarily. Please note that flash photography is prohibited, and try not to touch anyone with over 4,000 posts - these ancient things are quite brittle and will break easily.

I'm a bit late on this one, but here's my input - there is no harm whatsoever in having a multi-talented highborn. As a matter of fact, the setup you mentioned is a typical one for me when I'm playing against Bretonnians.

The trick to the BoL/Magic Arrow combo is to keep your expectations low. If you think you'll be gatling-gunning down Knights left and right, you will be disappointed. However, the threat will be enough to cause some rusty codpieces.

Thanks for posting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i did have an old account but i got a new PC and forgot the password ( lol

EDIT: why is it that if someone has a bigger number beside their name makes them automatically correct or better than you? that's the feeling i'm getting here
    Last edited by Baby Pigeon; July 30th, 2007 at 02:23.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Pigeon View Post
    EDIT: why is it that if someone has a bigger number beside their name makes them automatically correct or better than you? that's the feeling i'm getting here
    In what way? If you ask for peoples opinions then they will give it. No one said anything about being right or wrong. They just raised some considerations and reasons that they choose not to use it.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Pigeon View Post
    hy is it that if someone has a bigger number beside their name makes them automatically correct or better than you? that's the feeling i'm getting here
    No, sir. My remark about 4,000 posts was just me taking a glib shot at some of our veterans. It was meant as a joke and nothing more. Incidentally, if you have an old account, one of the admins may be able to help you access it.

I'm sorry if you found the responses to your questions objectionable, but please note that people gave their reasons for disagreeing with you, and at no point did anybody insinuate that the are better than you, or that you are incorrect. You asked for feedback, and feedback was given. I'm not seeing how this should upset you.

+ Reply to Thread