Librarium Online Forums banner

noble that is moble

734 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  trodi 
#1 ·
I was just wondering wether it would be tactically successfull and easy to pull off by placing a noble on steed and have him run around by himself, firing off magical arrows from different vantage points? Would he get isolated too quickly and run down? or is this not a good way to treat a fragile hero?
The arrows will either be HoDA, loren arcane bodkins combo, or loren and starfire
At the moment I'm am beginning 500pt battles so points will be crucial and so will damage potential. However this will be expanded to larger point games eventually. Any tactics for using a lone hero on mount will be most welcome.

#2 ·
If you want a fast noble in this way, I'd recommend and Alter. The horse might add a little bit of an armor save, but as an alter you get the same amount of attacks as a normal noble + horse, only with better attacks. Sure, it costs a bit more than the horse, but the extra cost is well worth it. The alter noble ginsu with Great Weapon and HoDA (with whatever armor and protection you want to give him) is a favorite of mine in low-points games.

#3 ·
The mounted noble can be a cheap alternative but if your planing on a solo character, the Alter is a better option.

I have done a mounted noble but he always goes with a unit of glade riders, a bit of protection.

#4 ·
OK from the advice ive recieved so far (which was great btw) the decision has been made and I am going to make an alter kindred model. My idea for this is to use the horse body from the glade rider sprue but replace the head with the upper body (complete with arms and bow) with that of an archer from the GR or GG sprues. This would look like some kind of centor design and I think would justify the 9 movement and extra attack (for the horse body).
what do you think?

#5 ·
Well, Alters are supposed to be shapeshifters. I have to tell you though, the centaur idea isn't an original one (although it is extremely cool). The only problem with that idea is that an Alter goes on a 20mm square base - you can't put him on a cavalry base. It would still be possible with a bit of clever converting, though.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
to clarify I am going to be using the border patrol rules for 500pts. I had the same question myself: can an alter kindred noble be the general with these rules? ( i would look harder to find the answer but this is way lazier)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.