Tournament winning elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament winning elves

Do any of you guys know any wood elves armys that won any tournaments, or atleast ones that were succsesful.

All i need is an army list of wood elves that is proven to work, is competitive, and it won tournaments

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

WE are a finesse army. There isnt a list that will dominate without knowing how to play it. The best way to get what youre asking for is to play a bunch of games and see what units work best together and which ones work for your own playing style.

There really isnt a short cut with this army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Agree with BPN 100%!

There is no such thing as a winning list. I have won several tournaments with different lists. It comes down to being able to play with the unique style of the Wood Elves. But have a look at the army lists on the forum. As long as you cover all bases it will come down to your ability to play the list.

Just be aware that at tournaments most WE armies are handicapped by a preconcieved notion of Cheese due to their unique play style. It can be a uphill battle.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Stratego on this forum has run a really oddball WE list with some success at tourneys, but he's currently off to Vampire Counts.

I don't have the lists, but I've seen WEs rank quite high at many Indy GTs. They're certainly competitive, that's for sure. Post some possible builds you like and people will comment. And cruise around the army lists and you'll find lots of good options with plenty of variety.

Where I live, there's a pretty strong Indy circuit, and the typical WE army is the two Treeman, BSB army, which is kind of stale, but it's strong if there's a good build around it.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stratego, isnt he the guy who runs 100 eternal guard, 10 glade guard, and 2x5 wild rider?

As for my list, I thought of going really wild rider heavy, I still need to check my tournament rules, but I was thinking of using orion, and geting lots of wild riders. What do you guys think of that strategy.

Possibly I can just go with the simple 4x6 wild riders for special choices, then have glade guard, and dryads form my core, with maybe the treeman and BSB combo. How do you guys think it could work:

So in 2250 or 2000pts, 4x6 wild riders, dryads/gladeguard, spellsinger, branchwraith, (possibly exchange the BSB for the branchwraith, and then an alter, or wildrider noble), and the 2 treeman.... I'll probly make the army list and post it in the army list section, but if you guys can comment here thats good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild Riders need flank charges set up for them, so on their own they are ineffective, because, due to their being immune to psychology they cannot flee from charges and this means that they can't set up charges very well.

You're going to need some Glade Riders and some Glade Guard for fleeing and setting up charges, and perhaps a Treeman for receiving the charge and holding.

This means you probably aren't going to be able to afford four units of Wild Riders when you include magic defense, march blockers and war machine hunters.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Even if we were to give you a list which won a tournament it doesn't mean you would do very well for it. The list was probably the result of it's constructor's many attempts at a list and finding out what works for him.

You need to play games and find out what works well for you rather than looking for shortcuts and powergaming.

+ Reply to Thread