my wood elves tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

my wood elves tactics

HI here's some of the tactics i use when playing WE and i wonder what YOU think about 'em;Y
    core tactics

glade guard

when i have my glade guard i make in a line of 18 guards in-a-row

glade riders

the glade riders is the first to charge so i use 'em as a distraction for my dryads to flank

dryads

check above

special

eternal guard

i charge the enemy's whit my eternal guards and distracting the enemy when the glade riders are gone

rare

waywatcher

my waywatchers i put in a 6" wood every game and there usually not "noticed" so i use treesinging on the wood to make 'em get closer to the enemy for Leathal shot

treeman Ancient

-check the lords&heroes-

Lords & Heroes

noble

i often make it into a wardancer noble and just runs in to enemy's (whit Blades of Loec) and hopefully kills many or i join a unit of eternal guard and slay things whit 'em

Spellsinger

the spellsinger's i use as scroll caddy's and dispeldice makers, healers and support (hidden path and treesinging)

Treeman Ancient

the treeman (my personal favorite) is the general and the punching force of my team, i equip it whit Cluster of radiants, Peagant of shrikes, Muster of malevolents, and A murder of spites, and through the special rule for treeman ancients i can do treesinging twice, so i moves woods both to damage enemy's and moving units every turn

So what do you think of my tactics? or you just sleept all the time:z? Feel free to replie0:

>:[

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

ow my eyes!

font = too small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Agreed. Though I'll have a go.
    when i have my glade guard i make in a line of 18 guards in-a-row
    A firing squad. Nice. Just be careful about how much space it takes up. I use mine in a row of 10 and they work fine. The other 6 I assembled as Scouts.

the glade riders is the first to charge so i use 'em as a distraction for my dryads to flank
    Remember NEVER to send a WE unit in alone. They can and will get desecrated. Also I think the GRs are too expensive to use just to get a flank charge from the Dryads. They work just as well in the front.

i charge the enemy's whit my eternal guards and distracting the enemy when the glade riders are gone
    Eternal Guard will never be able to do GRs jobs. Sorry, but that's just what I think. They function very well in combat. The best combat block in the WE arsenal, they can go head to head with lots of other units and come out better off, which is more than can be said for most other units.

my waywatchers i put in a 6" wood every game and there usually not "noticed" so i use treesinging on the wood to make 'em get closer to the enemy for Leathal shot
    Interesting idea there. Though I think you'll find that a careful enemy takes notice of all units. I'd rather cut straight to the chase and place them behind an enemy unit to begin with. Bang, they're even closer now, and can do their Lethal shot in Turn 18Y, and will force a unit or 2 out of the game for about 2 turns.

i often make it into a wardancer noble and just runs in to enemy's (whit Blades of Loec) and hopefully kills many or i join a unit of eternal guard and slay things whit 'em
    Definitely join him in a unit. Characters are utterly incapable of taking on fully ranked-up units and winning. With the EG, he will be a destructive force and will potentially tip combats.

the spellsinger's i use as scroll caddy's and dispeldice makers, healers and support (hidden path and treesinging)
    WE magic is supportive. Remember that and you'll do fine. Don't expect big, immediate things from it.

the treeman (my personal favorite) is the general and the punching force of my team, i equip it whit Cluster of radiants, Peagant of shrikes, Muster of malevolents, and A murder of spites, and through the special rule for treeman ancients i can do treesinging twice, so i moves woods both to damage enemy's and moving units every turn
    Just don't give him the Netlings. People will cry cheese and you will be luck you ever have an opponent again. Radiants are good as Magic defense, the Malevolents and Shrikes give him a nifty shooting attack and the Murder adds to his strength in combat. If you have the points spare, take a BSB to go with him. That will se you do very well, and make him very tough to break.

Though be warned, he won't win the game for you. You have to get them working together. I don't think you have that rhythm yet. You're relying too much on the Dryads and him to win you the game. I've seen my TM fall to a unit of Goblins. You've invested lots of points into yours, don't let it happen to you. All it takes is one botched Break test and that's a large chunk of your troops gone.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DotR View Post
    ow my eyes!
    font = too small.
    Lol you can make the font bigger with your browser silly.

On to other things:

AFG has some really good points, here are some additions:
    I'm not 100% on how you are using your Glade Riders, but I would suggest that if you are trying to use them to open a flank that you do not charge the enemy with them and that you flee when you get charged. (you can harass with the few shots they have each turn, march blocking with them, and putting your GR on their flank/rear: This will either give you a flank/rear when you charge with dryads and GR or it will force the enemy to wheel out of position to address you)

As to WayWatchers, I would take advantage of their ability to start sooo incredibly close to the enemy. Use this to march block them on turn one and to get some leathal shots in right away.

Lastly, take to heart what AFB said about your treeman, he is nasty but don't solely rely on him!!! Use him in an overall kick butt strat other wise he'll be ignored or taken down.

:C
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

You need some heavy hitters, like wardancers and wild riders. You seem to be strong in everything else, but lack anything (besides the treeman) that can really deliver a powerful blow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

well thank you for saying that

but what if i said im getting warhawks and treekin?:party2:

any suggestions? for that would make it better

the best thing atleast is that i got a bunch of tips;Y
    >:[

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I use both Wild Riders and Treekin, but everyone here plays 2250 so it makes it easier to get those units into the list.

If I could only choose one, I would take Wild Riders in a heartbeat. They hit as hard as Treekin, when charging, and while they suffer much lower toughness, they have the same limited ward save. The real advantage, though, is their maneuverability. Fast cav with a movement of 9, that's too much. They are incredibly versatile. Treekin, on the other hand, are much less mobile and can get stuck in situations that Wild Riders could avoid.

I like Warhawk Riders quite a bit, as well, but I prefer Great Eagles. I use one just for marchblocking, baiting charges, and assaulting war machines. Then I place a highborn or noble on a great eagle. Unlike Warhawks, they can't gain a flank/rear charge bonus, but eagles are so cheap, that I prefer that route.

Oh yeah, welcome to LO! The Wood Elves forum has some great members (but you need to use that shift key! )
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Oh yeah, welcome to LO! The Wood Elves forum has some great members (but you need to use that shift key! )
    This is why you are the Boss!
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

(but you need to use that shift key!)
    Of course. The name ArchonFarseerGuy has 3 capitals in it!8Y

BTW another disadvantage is that they have worse armour. What opponents do you have? I'm thinking about adding one of those 2 units to me own collection.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    BTW another disadvantage is that they have worse armour. What opponents do you have? I'm thinking about adding one of those 2 units to me own collection.
    I've never played with Treekin, but I can speak on behalf of WR. With the armor save and ward save you get 2 chances to get a 5+ which is great for WE. I personally like them bc they can truely hit hard and stand up to shooting pretty well. The extra attack in turns you didn't charge is nice as well. I actually had a unit of these guys in my last game front charge a group of ~30 ranked up troops in a nurggle army. (The unit also had a special banner that gave them a 4+ ward I think) Anyways, the WR held combat for ~3 turns before fleeing to safety, only losing one man. In addition they get a musician automatically and cause fear when charging (grantit Treekin cause fear as well). :C
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast