Spellsinger Model for Branchwraith - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Spellsinger Model for Branchwraith

So I love the spellsinger models and don't really like the branchwraith models too much. I see Wood Elves as supposed to be mainly elves...Anyways, I normally run a single spellsinger as a scroll caddie. In the past ~10 games I've had with her, she has gotten maybe 2 irrisistable forces and actually done some treesinging damage. There have been a couple of times here and there that her spell isn't dispelled but not normally, I take her for defense anyways. I would really like to give her Cluster of Radiants and 1 DS. I know you can't and that confuses me since it seems that the spellsingers are "closer to the forest" etc you kno talk to them tell them where to grow. So since I think that that would be a better defense than 2 DD I was thinking of just running a Branch Wraith with the 2 items I want to take. Do you think players would get upset if I use my spellsinger model for the branch wraith as long as I tell them at the begining? I know my regular friend/oppoent wouldn't care but in general what do people say?

Also, at 2250, do you think it is more useful to have the 1DD and CoR than 2 DD? At 1k and 1500 I've found 2 DD to be sufficient but I fear it could be rather hard at 2250. Thanks.

Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

at 2250 I take a Branchwraith lvl1 with cluster and a spellsinger lvl1 with 2 scrolls. We have some heavy magic armies (not near as heavy as some areas - but still heavy) and that usually gets me by. I don't expect to dispell everything, just the necessary spells.

Your post is a little unclear, but from what I understood, you want to take a Branchwraith (using your spellsinger model) with CoR and a dispel scroll. This is illegal because a Branchwraith can't take dispel scrolls and usually you can't substitute a 20mm base model for a 25mm base model. If your friend lets you bend the rules, however, do whatever you want.

I think the basic magic defense you need depends on the point level (low point games need little to none) and where/who you play. Apparently, some places in Europe (according to rumor) play super heavy magic and you can't survive without 4-6 scrolls. We play more balanced lists in my area, but there are still a few magic heavy lists (we always play 2250) so the amount of magic defense you need is arbitrary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Sorry for making that unclear, it was clear in my head haha. What I was saying was to take a Branch Wraith with the CoR and 1 DD. This is legal as long as you pay for her to be a mage (to my knowledge). You bring up a good point about base size. I didn't think about that, though putting her on the correct base or just putting her entire model (with her base) ontop of the correct base size gives you the correct size. My question is if you did this, would you or the people you normally play with have a problem with this? :rofl
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Branchwraiths can't take magic items, unfortunately - they can only take spites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric the Mad View Post
    Branchwraiths can't take magic items, unfortunately - they can only take spites
    I re read the army book. I stand corrected. Thanks for catching that. In the big rule book it says that DS can be taken only by mages so I figured if you upgraded the BW to a level 1 you could take one. The army book say they can take items from sprites but doesn't mention the common magic items, I should have seen that. Rep to Buckero0.

I adjust my question to: At 2250, do you think it is more useful to have the CoR with a level 1 BW or 2 DD with a level 1 spellsinger? At 1k and 1500 I've found 2 DD to be sufficient but I fear it could be rather hard at 2250. Thanks.

(still curious: if on a correct size base for BW, though, would ppl have a problem with a spellsinger model replacing the BW model? Sorry to repeat.)
    San Antonio Alamo GT

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I take the lvl 1 Branchwraith with the cluster and a lvl1 spellsinger with 2x scrolls. But like I said it depends on the enviroment you play in (is there a lot of magic heavy 9+powerdice armies) That gives me 5DD and 2 scrolls. As far as the model goes, that kind of depends on the people you play with as well. I'm pretty lenient as far as proxying models. I like to use non-GW models for a lot of my stuff anyway. Maybe if you put the spellsinger on a 25mm base and then put a bunch of treebranches (leftovers from the Dryad, GG sprues) under him/her you (put the spellsinger in a tree) could pass them off for a Branchwraith.

I use a D&D war-gorilla for my Branchwraith. It doesn't look like a Dryad or a human so it can easily be distinquished from the two. The usual alternative is to make your own out of Dryad bits or use the Drycha model.

+ Reply to Thread