Unsportsman like with.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Unsportsman like with....

Is it unsportsman like to to use the Sisters of Twilight ,where you keep one out of harms way so that they can not die? I might not have worded this right, if not I can explain better.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I'm new to Fantasy, so mine will not be the most sage of advice, but:

My understanding is that you want to use the Sisters for points denial. Is that right? A big expensive thing that the enemy won't be able to track down and kill...

Seems to me that plenty of the Wood Elf lists I hear about are all about points denial, so the idea is nothing new, just taking it a bit further.

As an opponent, I think I'd have to accept that it's just one more example of Wood Elves not playing like a conventional army. Having said that, if I was your friend and had to play that same points denial list the whole time, I'd probably end up a bit jaded about playing you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The sisters for a unit with eachother. So it is not really possible to keep them out of harms way.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    The sisters for a unit with eachother. So it is not really possible to keep them out of harms way.
    This is the way I've thought of it as well, because I don't see 'dismounting' as an option in the game. They are both riding the dragon and so can not be separated. Though if the dragon were to be killed, I could see the two sisters as separate characters on foot. Then you would be able to pull off what you are suggesting. I am not sure if this is allowed though.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

If the dragon is killed, the sisters form a unit of skirmishers. So I don't know how you could hide one as the OP suggested in his questionl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I guess you COULD position one sister within 2 inches of the edge of a wood and the other one further in. Sportsman like though? That's entirely up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that would really help as, if you get multiple shots on them. By this I mean that is you have 10 archers shooting at the twin sisters, then they have to randomise between the two. This could end up killing them both as the now have no protection.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Dismounting's in LOTR. It's like a marriage in WHFB. You're stuck with them until death seperates you.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Dismounting's in LOTR. It's like a marriage in WHFB. You're stuck with them until death seperates you.

-AFG
    Unless they get a divorce lol
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

+ Reply to Thread