Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is part rant, part cry for help.
Okay, so I've managed to get the 2 bits of the riders together, which generally involved me cutting the peg off the torso so I could at least glue the rim together and have it fit.
I got the horse heads on, with some degree of difficulty.
I used Green Stuff for the first time to try to fill in some of the massive gaps at both of the joins I've just mentioned.
And now I have to stick the Riders on their mounts.
To say they fit terribly would be giving them too much credit. They don't fit at all!!8X
How do people make their Wild Riders sit reasonably on their horses, without absolutely MASSIVE gaps between Rider and mount. Is there no other way around it than using HEAPS of greenstuff. (The gap between Rider and horse is the better part of half a centimetre!
I'd really appreciate any advice people care to dole out. Some of the modelling troubles I've had with these Wood Elves so far has not exactly bred enthusiasm for doing more modelling...
I agree wild riders are a pain to get on looking half way decent. The first thing I did was to get a thin strip of wax paper and put it over the horse where the rider is going on so the feet don't strip the paint off as the rider goes on. I wouldn't use green stuff to fill in gaps. I just leaned them forward so they appear to be standing up a little while riding. Looks half way decent.
Hope that helps.
i just widend the legs a bit and that seemed to work
I used needle nose pliers, inserting the nose between the legs and then opening the pliers so that they spread the riders' legs apart. God, I feel filthy having just typed that.
Some fit the horses, some didn't. And some do look like they are a little above the horse, but people do ride horses that way. And these guys aren't riding elegantly and shooting like glade riders. They're hunched over their horses, spurring them on as they look to impale the enemy on their spears.
I used green stuff where the horses' heads meet the bodies to cover the gap.
Just wait until you paint the blighters. They're a lot of work, but they look great when done.
Last edited by DavidWC09; February 4th, 2008 at 14:11.
Thanks guys. About half an hour after I posted I realised that I could probably just spread the legs a little. I'm not really used to metals that aren't just 1 or 2 piece with flat contact areas, so I always forget I can bend the metal...
And please don't say that, David, about them being a lot of work
My last army took 3-4 years on and off, with only 100 models and pretty basic paint jobs
every army takes tons of work. I made my wild riders out of glade riders, dark eldar and necron heads. They are scary looking. I made a full hood on the horses with dark eldar spikes coming from the heads. I only got about 3-4 of the guys down, painted them black and haven't looked back. They are going to take a ton of time.