Modelling Branchnymphs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Modelling Branchnymphs

Hi everyone

I'm new to WE and Fantasy but have been a long time 40K player. I have spent the last few weeks browsing through the tactica section that is up here and have made some selections based on the tips there. I purchased the battalion this morning and have started the long road to force construction.

To my question: I have looked on the box and looked around in general, while I'm a reasonably observant guy I can't for the life of me identify a Branchnymph from a Dryad. Is there a particular head/back branch that is used or is it up to player creativity?

I was thinking I would just put something shiny on the base so I can pick it in a squad, what do all of you do?

W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I too was confused by this = there is no model for this selection, so yes its up to the you to make one or more of your dryads look really different from the rest to represent the branchnymph (don't just consider the parts that you will use, but a some differences in colour would also help to highlight the model)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my branchnymph i got one of the old metal dryads from the bits box at my local gameing store. Also saw a cool conversion where one guy had his standing on knight getting pulled into the ground by roots. And one where a guy had used part of a demonette and parts of a dryad to make it look like she was mid transformation into war aspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardkyng View Post
    For my branchnymph i got one of the old metal dryads from the bits box at my local gameing store. Also saw a cool conversion where one guy had his standing on knight getting pulled into the ground by roots. And one where a guy had used part of a demonette and parts of a dryad to make it look like she was mid transformation into war aspect.
    Thats really sweet. I'm not going to lie. Any chance you have a picture you could link here?

To the topic: I just started using a Branchnymph. I use the Drycha model.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    Thats really sweet. I'm not going to lie. Any chance you have a picture you could link here?

To the topic: I just started using a Branchnymph. I use the Drycha model.
    I'm using the Drycha model as my Branchwraith which will be in my unit with the branchnymph. Its a good idea, it just won't work for me.

I like the idea of a conversion, unfortunately my bits box is predominantly 40k, so unless its a space marine becoming fertilizer that idea is a little way off for me to achieve
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

It's not special or particularly good looking, but the easiest way IMO is just to use the bigger arms and the brances with something in them to represent the Branchnymph. That way, also, when you're not using one, they can pretty easily pass as a regular dryad.

(Obviously for my method to work it means that you haven't put big arms or interesting branches on any other models, which I didn't, because I actually prefer a slightly more uniform look rather than having too many stand-out individuals.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You've probably seen this, but just in case, it's good for painting.
    Warhammer - Wood Elves

And here are some cool conversions.
    GW Online : Warhammer : Wood Elves : Converting Dryads
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

All I did was paint my models Graveyard Earth on the side of their base, and paint Bestial Brown on my Nymph.

Why does it matter anyways? You'll be keeping it alive anyway as long as possible, and it gets moved to the front of a combat. Just take notes of which units have one and which ones don't. If you have any more than 3 units, you run the risk of picking up a dairy intolerance tbh. But, if you want to have one, you have my advice.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

You makes some good points, I'm just of the proper WYSIWYG persuasion which seems more of a 40k deal than fantasy. I prefer my base borders to be black, but it is a very valid and good idea.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I don't recommend taking a branchnymoh for game play reasons, but if you have a model to represent one, it does give you that option.

I do think the Drycha model is cool, but for me, it's a plain old branchwraith.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast