Native American Wood(wild) Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Native American Wood(wild) Elves

So at the last Indy tourny I went to I had a moment of inspiration that I think would make a great themed army. Take wood elves and model them after Native American indians. Trying to take most of the "fantasy Esque" stuff out of the army and make almost a savage Elf type army.

So all the trees would be axed though for that old west flavor I was thinking about keeping the eagles. I'm thinking about making the Highborn a mythical figure riding a Thunderbird type design. As if their prophet come down to lead them on to victory over the tribes foes. This is probably the most fantastic part of the army and I am not married to it, just seems like it could tie things together well.

So the army is (obviously) mostly archers, horse elves, and Wardancers so while I know this should probably be put in the army list section I am hopingit is a little more visible as I am interested in both modeling suggestions as well as army composition.

Tenetively, my 2250 list is something like this:

Highborn - Great Eagle, Spear, Shield, LA, Hunters Talon, Pagent of Shrikes, Arcane Bodkins
    Need model suggestions here, would the GW model make a decent theme?

Noble - Spear (not sure how GW could be themed), Shield, LA, Helm of the Hunt, HoDA, LB
    Looking for a model suggestion here as well.
    Shaman - L1 wiz - 2 Dispel
    Thinking about the Skaw statue or the reaper brand Druid
    Shaman - L1 wiz - Cluster of Radiants, Dispel
    Have an old GW model of a guy dressed in a bear skin I think would be great for this

Core:

3x10 Glade Guard - US GW Glade Glade guard but remove cloaks, hoods, and add quivers to hip and back

2x7 Glade Riders - GW Models we the same modifications

Special:

3x10 war dancers - have an eclectic mix of non armored elves with a variety of weapons though other suggestions would be appreciated. Looking for them to be mostly armed with hatchets, knives, and spears

6 Wild Riders - Thinking about using GW GR's carrying spears as I don't want to pay 50 bucks a box for WR's

Rare:

2xEagles

Here is the list I am working with that removes the all the eagles.

wardancer Highborn - Moonstone, Blades of Loec, and Glamourweave
    2 Shamans - same as above

3x10 GG
    2X6 GR

3x10 WD
    1x14 WD - Bladesinger - Highborn in here

2x5 WW - Looking for model suggestions here as the GW WW's seem to be wearing to many layers of clothing

You get the idea, basiclly a heavy shooty, and CC army next to no armor and the Shamans are there to "bless" and protect their brothers in combat. I'm torn about putting more horses into it as well just not sure how to.

So what do you all think, Over the top, to cheesy, doomed to fail? I think it would look kick @ss on the table whem finished and very much in the theme of a wild indian attack, but am I going to irritate my opponents?

and while I don't care much if I "win" with the army, I would like it to be competitive so any suggestions in that department?

Last edited by skitzoid; March 4th, 2008 at 02:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I love the army theme. I think it would take a lot of work to pull off, but the result would be cool. Wardancers and wild riders would be great to convert with tomahawks (maybe beastmen axes) and spears. You could even make 'dryads' by having people coming out of the trees and ambushing enemies.

As for the list, there are a few minor problems.

The highborn wouldn't really benefit from the arcane bodkins becasue you cant use magical arrows with the hunters talon abilities. Reconfigure him. There are so many ways I wont even suggest one.

Shamans (spellsingers) cant have cluster of radiance.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feed back, I wasn't aware of that. I've only ever played a couple games with Woodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm,
    first off all, I really like the idea.

About your character selection , i would simply use a wardancer as general, because it is stronger.
    other suggestions:
    make a bsb by sculpting a indian thingy (My english is very bad and I dont know the correct word) they use to bind captured people against in the movies, sculpt it like it is carried around by a very strong indian.
    Rackham has made many very beautiful minatures to represent indians. Take a look over there.
    Cavalary can be really asthonishing if you kut away the sadles of the horses and glue old wardancer models at there back, standing up.

good luck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think you mean Totem.

The lizard man range can give you a few interesting bits for conversions.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    I think you mean Totem.
    I did, its almost the same word as in dutch (we call it "totempaal"). Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, beaten to it. I was gonna do similar themed army to this. My inspiration came from the rule book. In the magic section theres some artwork of a mage that has cloths similar to a red indian. Well anyway post some pics of your conversions if possible. good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definately will, going to take some time as I am still collecting parts. Currently I am trimming off all the Glade Guard cloaks filling in the back hole and afixing quivers to them.

Got a line on a bunch of beastmen weapons as well for the hatchets and spears....I've got a year to work on this. Hopefully it'll be slow but steady

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

just an idea I have concerning your eagles;
    if you decide to keep them you could put in warhawks - but I would convert them to have the riders either stradding the neck of the bird, or kneeling on the back with added straps. I intend to do something of the latter to my riders and instead of using the metal riders I will use glade guard (plastic being easier to work with)
    member of LO JCHAT
    Legion Of Jaffa Consuming Hatters and Terribly Superfluous

+ Reply to Thread