Dark wood elves? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark wood elves?

Has anybody ever done a dark wood elf army where they've either bin exiled or corrupted?
    If so how cud i go about doing it?;Y

Last edited by DavidWC09; March 7th, 2008 at 03:57. Reason: Resized text
    Do not make the blade an extension of yourself, for a weapon does not think or feel it only acts.
    So make yourself an extension of the blade, for only then can you master the true path of the warrior.....-Jain Zar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by the_marshal93 View Post
    Has anybody ever done a dark wood elf army where they've either bin exiled or corrupted?
    If so how cud i go about doing it?;Y
    A friend of mine back in Tennessee started a Slaaneshi Wood Elves army. He mixed Glade Guard and Dark Elves spearmen sprues. His Glade Riders had crossbows from the DEs and torsos and capes from the Glade Rider box.

He painted them all in dark blues, violets, and purples. It was a cool army that stood out visually on the battlefield. He used a lot of Dryads which were a pain in the butt to deal with.

I've heard of people doing crazy things like Desert Elves, too.

What ideas have you had?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

yeah man, go for it if that's what your into (that reminds me of this awesome song...)

anyways it wouldn't effect gameplay, but you could probably make up some cool fluff with it (idk how accurate it would be offically though, but who cares ), as well as model and paint them in cool ways (like david mentioned).

Go for it, if that's what your into

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tought of the idea after seeing this figure CoolMiniOrNot - Corrupted Wood Elf by Aurel J
    Do not make the blade an extension of yourself, for a weapon does not think or feel it only acts.
    So make yourself an extension of the blade, for only then can you master the true path of the warrior.....-Jain Zar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I tought of the idea after seeing this figure CoolMiniOrNot - Corrupted Wood Elf by Aurel J
    That's a cool pic. Though, I think the model itself is a little 'muscular' for an elf.
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trodi View Post
    That's a cool pic. Though, I think the model itself is a little 'muscular' for an elf.
    What wrong with an elf working our a bit more. We need a few more muscular elfs so they can go on rampages like Orion.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I think the model looks more like it was a deamonette or something, but actually- that looks really good. Maybe her corruption has caused a bulking out of her muscles or she just seems large and imposing because of her palapable evil. Who knows?

Anyways- exiled and corrupted are two different things. Exiled elves might have been misjudges or just made some noble angry. They might not be 'evil'. Corrupted elves are going to be evil.

I don't think that even Evil woodelves would start wearing armor. I think they'd stick to their leather patches and wood. So DE parts wouldn't go over as well in my books. Maybe some of the scaly cloaks and stuff, to represent a leaning towards more "unfriendly" creatures like alligators and what-not.

My army represesnts a band of woodelves who took up residence in an Imperial Forest. Their forest was burnt to the ground however, by a catastrophic failure in one of the Imperial foundries nearby. My army is based with gray sand for 'ash' and wears black and grey clothing. They have cloth wrapped around their mouths and feature fiery weapons and bright red hair. My dryads are charred and look like burnt trees as opposed to live ones. They have a more menacing appearance, but my mages have green-wood chutes and flowers springing out of the ash to represent that even though my elves are filled with spite and despair, they are rebuilding their forest.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread