Librarium Online Forums banner

Failed 3+ ward save

506 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  neonend 
#1 ·
Just wondering about the item that gives you 3+ ward save and also gives your mount 3+ ward save. The item description says that if you ever fail this 3+ ward save then the item breaks and you cant use the save anymore. So if my character suffered 4 wounds of which none were saved by my armour would I then roll d6 ward save and then another d6 ward save if i passed first one and the another d6 if i passed again until I save all my ward saves or until I fail one? During game i've used this method but was just wondering if this was correct method cause it does seem a bit weird to me and my oppenents.

#2 ·
Viruk, it seems the only fair way to play it to me. With your example of four wounds, you could roll all 4D6 at once and get a 2,6,6,6. But who knows where that 2 fell in the sequence?

Unless you're using a digital dice roller, which I inherently distrust, there's no way to know the sequence and where the ward breaks.

To me, doing otherwise just seems cheesy.

#5 ·
I think as the item states in the codex "Until your first failed ward Save" You would need to roll them one after the other, one could argue that rolling all at once is fine until in a grouping like that one or more fails, although that just doesnt sit right with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.