Finish my Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finish my Army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finish my Army?

So i plan on finishing my army before the start of summer and i need some opinions. First off i just got another unit of glade guard off ebay for $22 and i now have a total of 32 GG that i plan on setting up in three units of 10..

i already have one treeman and love the model and his performance for me so far.

i play HE all the time that have two repeater bolt throwers a dragon and swordmasters...

so my ? to you is... should i get 6 waywatchers or another treeman to make two total and team them up together???

what do you think i would be better off doing to defeat the high elves.

My army list.

10 GG
    10 GG
    10 GG
    8 dryads
    8 dryads
    8 dryads
    7 wardancers with highborn
    5 wild riders
    1 treeman

my wild riders are glade guard models i just use them as WR. so i can also field GR if i please...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

tbh I don't think it's possible to finish an army. There will always be something else cool to add.

The advantages of a Treeman over WWs are:
    * They're more resilient. You'll be able to anchor both flanks this way (or shove them both on one flanks- 2ArtilerryD6 is never fun to face- especially if you're T3 and have a 5+ Save).

*slightly more all-purpose. You can do more with a TM imo than with WWs.

But WWs use is to stall enemy units. That is something I think you need (given your lack of Glade Riders). They also have cc potential (but I'd be wary vs HEs), but the only worthwhile target you'd have for shooting is the Dragon Princes.

It all depends on your playing style, but since you don't have any delayers and you seem to have done fine without them, I'd say go with the TM.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Yeah, just like what ArchonFarseerGuy says, it depends on how you want to play THIS army, emphasis on this. Really, there is hardly any end to an army because well, you finish building, painting, etc an army but then have evil thoughts like, "What if I did an Eternal Guard based army....that would be really cool." And it starts over. Sure, you have enough models to play, but not enough to do it this way.

With that aside, decide what is going to be more useful. Two treemen are pretty intense and can definitely open up opportunities but waywatchers can to. For example, if there is ever a building on the field, they are amazing at getting right outside the door, setting up camp in it and hanging out the rest of the game killing blow everything. Helps out a lot. Plus, they can hold it out pretty well since they got two hand weapons. Personally, I think variety is the best too because if you ever are going to play a smaller point game then you can decide on taking either waywatchers or a treeman rather than having to work with a treeman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have 8 glade riders, but i never used wild riders so i may start to use wild riders.... i would like to get waywatchers becasue of killing blow and two handweapons charging a bolt thrower or a mage could always be good.... but then a treeman who can shoot all the way across the board with strangle root is nasty... i am going crazy thinking about my units and i cant figure out what to get still WW or TM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Just a clarification: Strangleroot can only extend to 6".

WWs to charge is always risky against HEs, because they ASF. A lone Mage or Artillery Crew wouldn't be a bad target, but otherwise, they're generally not that great because they'll be hit first 9and are just as fragile).

-AFG//

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Just a clarification: Strangleroot can only extend to 6".

WWs to charge is always risky against HEs, because they ASF. A lone Mage or Artillery Crew wouldn't be a bad target, but otherwise, they're generally not that great because they'll be hit first 9and are just as fragile).

-AFG//
    yeah, but 5 waywatchers can take out a bolt thrower crew no problem. He's got 4's and 4's and even if he kills two, you'll have twice the attacks back hitting on 3's and wounding on 4's. If a waywatcher unit of 5 can take out 2 RBT's (most o the HE shooting) they will have paid for themselves and kept most of the shooting down. Then, what's left of them can take out dragon princes and the guy on the dragon.
    I don't think I would ever take 2 treemen. All the prince has to do is take the starlance and he can demolish a treeman in one turn. Treekin are usually pretty good against high elves, but you've got to do something about the dragon guy. How is he running his Prince on Dragon?

+ Reply to Thread