Nurgle Dryads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nurgle Dryads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Dryads

Hey guys

I am making a new tree spirit army and i am thinking about painting them up in Nurgle colors and maybe making a few bits up on the model with green stuff like dreadlocks or sap/ooze and other strange stuff.

What do you think, i have just got the new models and before i stick and convert them just asking for a bit of advice.

thanks for reading,
    BB

Last edited by birdbath; May 21st, 2008 at 15:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm not 1 reply.

Maybe people don't like the idea of Nurgle tree spirit army or any chaos god for that matter. maybe another chaos got might work better.

Maybe Tzeentch? He is the changer of ways and the changing of the seasons might be Tzeentch's doing. Doing this would make me stack magic heavily but that might be quite fun.

Well maybe you guys might think another chaos god might be better to model tree spirits on.

This might send a few sparks flying.

BB
    Last edited by birdbath; May 21st, 2008 at 15:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Apologies must go out to you, as i had not seen this thread. 0: I am all for deviant ideas and evil in all directions (witch hunters player-duh)

My first suggestion is fluff based: go for a forest spirit army. Elves in general are described as fairly resistant to chaos, and Woodies in particular would have none of that lot, no matter how tempting.

However, in the wood elf book, the background about the wars with the beastmen and particularly morghur definately showed that forest spirits, specifically dryads. Just when battles were going in the elves' favour morghurs madness seized many forest spirits. While mostly temporary, it had a lasting effect on dryads. Drycha probably wouldn't be above selling out to chaos if it means she could get rid of the elves, and even more so if she thought she could off chaos too. So its definately not impossible, but i suggest sticking with a forest spirit army.

Nurgle Dryads are ok... but i dunno. I think it would suit treekin better. Maybe Khorne or Slaanesh? I'd keep Tzeentch for Branchwraiths and/or Treemen. Remember dryad models represent them in their war aspect, they usually take the forms of beautiful elf maidens and such.

So in summary:
    • Dryads lend well to Khorne and Slaanesh
    • Tree-kin work for Nurgle and maybe Khorne
    • Treemen make good Nurgle and Tzeentch
    • Branchwraiths and Drycha Tzeentch or Khorne
    Also if you want to go into Wild Riders units and characters (Wild rider highborn/noble and glamourweave spellweaver/spellsinger) i would suggest the following, as they make a forest spirit list more competative and are still technically forest spirits:
    • Spellcaster obviously Tzeentch
    • Wild rider units and characters are very Khorne
    Modelling/converting suggestions are use the new daemon bits on your spirits, I think it'll look awesome.

Hope this all helps ya out, good luck and post or PM me conversion ideas and paint jobs once they're done! :happy:
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thanks for that. I do like the idea of a chaos tree spirit army because they are kinda daemons with the wardish save and magical attacks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You could use the models for two armies.

Archers and glade riders could double as slaneesh. Dryads could double as plaguebearers. The right paint scheme, and you could have two armies for the price of one.

I hvae a buddy who did that, runs it sometimes as WEs, sometimes as Slaneesh. Though I'm not sure what he'll do with the new book out.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread