Unusual Choices - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unusual Choices

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Unusual Choices

Do you take a non-standard Wood Elf army? Or units beyond the normal MSU philosophy? Do you hate seeing the same army over and over again?

Then this thread is for you. I am after more ideas on non-standard Wood Elf tactics, that work. What do I mean? Here is an example.

I take my Glade Guard in units of 15 with full command. What?!? I hear you scream, but these guys have proved invaluable over the course of my playing career. They were first used to placate a bunch of people in a tournament where peer based composition was a huge factor and I have used them ever since.

These units mean that when people send that small skirmishing unit of a flying monster or an Alter to "take care of" my archers they have to overcome significant combat resolution to do it. The bowman isn't there for the extra ballistic skill, it's there to challenge. In a challenge there is a limit to the Combat Resolution an enemy can get via overkills.

Now, do you guys have something that is "non-standard" that works? Or a character combo that you never leave home without?

Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i first started out, i took a unit of 10 wildriders, with full command. I then placed a hero on great stag in the unit. I always made sure that the hero had the moonstone of hidden ways.

Really funny watching several lance formations getting destroyed. Hit him in the falnk which was cool. Also having call of the hunt is pretty funny aswell. one wizard moved the in, the other increased their attacks.

24 strength 5 attacks, 3 strength 4, and 24 strength 3. those brittonians know to stay out of my forest now.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I dont know how usual/unusual this is but a favorite of mine is a noble on a greateagle with HoDA and a spear. Basicaly a 50 inch fire range, so first or second turn i pick the most expensive but squishy unit i can (slayers, swordmasters, war machine crew ect) and send them to hell. After this he usualy gets balsted to hell but if he suvives them he harasess or hunts cannon crews for the remained of the gain. The psychological effect of that one modle is amazing.

+ Reply to Thread