How does Treesurfing work, exactly? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does Treesurfing work, exactly?

Pretty self-explanatory. I hear about treesurfing all the time, but I'm not quite sure how it works. When a treeman/spellsinger/whatever moves the forest, does whatever is inside the forest move with it? Or do you move the forest, and then move whatever you want in the forest into it during the next turn? Any help here would be awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything inside moves with the forest. But the unit has to be completely inside. Also anything moved by tree surfing counts as having been moved for that turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. It definitely makes a lot more sense now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The general use is to put a treeman in the woods where he can't be seen. Then move the woods up close to enemy units. If you can get to within 6", you get to strangle root them for out of sight, and they have to make a terror check at the beginning of there turn. Pretty good for a monster that can't even be seen.

And then if they come into the woods to get him, you have the treesinging for damage.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anybody ever treesurfed a spellsinger up into enemy lines with the Deepwood Sphere? If you put the wizard in the middle of your 6" wood, and surf him up, it might tempt your opponent to walk into the wood to try and get at him. Since the enemy has no line of sight, they would have to move into the woods before they could charge on the following turn. That gives you a free turn to hit them with the Deepwood Sphere damage (Str 5 hit on each model) and then clean any survivors up the damage version of Treesinging.

I am actually thinking about running this strategy in a tournament that I am playing this Saturday, just for the fun of it if nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well treesinging is a very low cast value spell which means it's easy to cast but also easy to Dispel. against other magic heavy armies i wouldn't count on getting it off to much. as been mentioned in the Wood elf tactica treesinging is a nice bonus but don't build your army around it. bu ofc at 1K or 1500 points it's a lot more vaible. 2 spellsingers (1 with staff of cailigor and 1 with the deepwood sphere) and 2 treeman (1 ancient) will have a lot of treesinging possibility

that's about 3 Bound treesinging and the possibilitie of a whole lot more

Cheers Jayz

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 3rd, 2008, 00:59