mounting the noble - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mounting the noble

I need a character for a 500pt game with a list which is mainly dryad orientated (lots of CC attacks) I was thinking of having an arrow popping noble and wondered if it was best to mount him on horseback? I was also considering just taking him as a wild rider ( to go in a wild rider unit of 5) what would be the best config.? I have search articles but nothing rlly tackles directly what i am asking. My main opponent will be beasts of chaos and we are using the border patrol rules.

A prisoner of war is a man that tries to kill you and fails, and then asks that you not to kill him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WR kindred is ok, but he wont be overly cheap once you put a few magic items on him for a 500pt game.

Also, didnt the new FAQ make the elven steed mount upgrade not give the light cav rule?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Characters joining fast cav units move but don't shoot as fast cav.

I think a unit of 5 glade riders to accompany a lot of combat dryads would work. You need at least one unit that isn't ItP to screw things up for the enemy so that your dryads can charge instead of being charged. I'd also go for an eagle, but points are so limited.

The Hail of Doom Arrow is worth it at any point cost, but at 500, it can be a game turner.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

if you're using the border patrol rules, you have to keep you heroes cheap as a rule, right? In fact, if I remember right, you don't even need a hero choice, which would be fine, just get more troops and trees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heroes are a maximum of 125 points i think and if memory serves 1 hero model is manditory.
    A prisoner of war is a man that tries to kill you and fails, and then asks that you not to kill him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

I had some really good success with the following mounted noble at 500 points:

Noble, longbow and spear, light armour, elven steed, Hail of Doom Arrow, Helm of the Hunt.

He hits hard in close combat, is very maneuverable, and has the Hail of Doom Arrow to drop on someone. He does cost 141 points, so if 125 is your limit you could drop the Helm (I think that gets him below 125).
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I really miss the warband rules. They seemed very playable to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input guys and gals. I still have a few more questions though: as i am new to warhamer fantasy I was wondering where the best place to put my noble and use him on the battlefield in such a small game. That is to say if i mounted him and gave him HODA or made him a wild rider (the two options i like most atm) would there be a point in placing him in a glade rider unit, having him on his own or working in co-operation with another unit and how do I use the noble after having fired the HoDA? basically im looking for noble tactics here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't used the mounted noble a lot since I just got the model. But a strategy I consider is giving him the Moonstone of hidden ways. In a small fast cav unit you can really mess up your opponent. Don't take a unit too big however, it must fit into the forest!
    Join to a glade riders unit, it gains a lot of potential.
    If you are taking the HoDA, you might want to be on your own the first turn to have the best mobility and join a unit on turn 2. When on your own the enemy gets -1 to hit ; useful but risky.
    The great stag is the option that gives your Wild rider unit lots of punch.

Railarian55
    Last edited by Railarian55; September 10th, 2008 at 03:35. Reason: mistake

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Remember, a character with the forest spirit rule can't join non-forest spirits. I wouldn't take a wild rider noble at this point level. Too expensive among other things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast