wildrider alternatives - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

wildrider alternatives

After makeing my army list i'm now haveing to start collecting the models. The problem is that I personnaly think Wild rider models aren't thet great and they are freaking expensive and even more now they bumped up the metal prices models in the GW's here in the Netherlands. so I was thinking about making use of dryads and elvensteeds and making something allong the lines of this:

although I won't be using the same bases I'm going to try and get the horses to be modeled as if they are trees or come out of trees like this one is. The problem is that I can get moust parts for this but I can't sems to find the speers anyone have a site or knows where I can get my hands on some of those? I will also need a banner and a music instrument.

any suggestions or help is greattly apriciated.

Cheers Jayz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

The Glade Riders come with spears, that looks like one of them, and that is a Glade Rider steed. You can palm off the glade rider bodies, legs, heads and bows, and just keep the spears and steeds.

Alternatives include the various chariot sprues for HE, Silver Helms, Cold One knights, High Elf hero (though ALL of these are going to be expensive to source)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

yep, those are the GR spears, so if you buy a box of them you'll have 4 of them if I remember right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

wicked sick!

I like using glade guard bits for banners and musicians.

I saw alot of incredibly cheap glade riders on ebay a few weeks ago. You can get your horses and spear bits there.
    They also come with a lot of spite bits which are nice for conversions. (champions?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thewarstore.com has a few spears that might be good to use, the cheapest once are the high elf spears High Elf Warriors Spear Arm Bits x4

BTW i think I might try doing these models, they look amazing.

+ Reply to Thread