Yet Another complete newb, but this one's different, really....well not really - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet Another complete newb, but this one's different, really....well not really

Hi, all!
    I Am COMPLETELY new to warhammer, I don't even have the rulebook yet (it's coming),
    but from what I've read out of a friend's, I like wood elves. A LOT. More than any other race hands down no contest. The things I like are: The way they look, the whole nature thing, their dragon, their ents, their giant eagles, the color green, and their bows. I like the hit and run concept, and almost everything else about them.
    So, why I'm talking is to ask you (everyone out their that likes wood elves) what I should buy first. The units I like are....umm...All of them now that I think about it. Also please take into account that I really don't have that much money (I'm 15), I'm paid a little bit for doing odd jobs around farm (yes we have a farm), but not much else, so let's try to keep prices down a little.

P.S. That's another thing, if anyone can tell me where to find discounted minis or bits, please tell me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

First off welcome to the greenside of the fence. I'm also a total newby to warhammer fantasy and Woodelfs but what i've seen so far make sme think to really go get a Wood Elves Battalion. It's 24 glade guard 12 dryads and 8 gladeriders. it's something you need to look for on Ebay and such to get a nice deal. This box will give moust starting player allmoust anything to start with. and make sure to get yourself the Woodelves armybook as soon as possible.

Goodluck,

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Welcome to the Woodies.

I'd start with the battalion box set first, it is a great deal and then pick up a few blisters of wardancers. That should get you a fairly solid start with a good selection of units.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Try ebay for cheap stuff. New in box can still be nice and cheap. If you're in the US, Neal's Warstore sell's 20% off and has cheap shipping.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a Battalion Box Set off eBay for £30 ($60 U.S.) instead of £50. I also recommend waylandgames.com for cheap warhammer that's guaranteed not to go up in price sporadically like eBay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I fyou don;t have the rules, the Warhammer box is a good investment, simply palm off teh miniatures to friends to get them into teh hobby - e.g one can be Dwrves, the other gobbos, and then sepnd the remainder on your beloved Wood ELves. As for tips for saving money - use Warstore or Waylands, Bitz B, Ebay, and look for alternative models that may be useful to convert or rebuild. For example if you buy the Dragon riders boxed set for High Elves, and combine a Glade-rider body, you can get a Forest lord on a Dragon, with bits remaining to make a Spellweaver on a steed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well tbh that's something I wouldn't advice it's a lot of money on models you probably won't use anymore. it's better to go to a games-workshop every shop has one of those sets out just preactice there and save the money. Just get the battalion box and build it and you can practice allong the way.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

No, I mean it makes far more sense than buying the rulebook, as you can sell the models easily even on ebay for a few quid, and it works out cheaper than the hard-back rulebook. I have the hardback, and will buy the boxed set, and sell teh models on ebay...retaining the softback rules and a set of templates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the batallion box and the starter box, sell the figures on ebay or here for the cost of the box and keep the rules yourself. When I started tomb kings I got a batallion box myself and I never regret it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Yep - that's the best strategy...that way the rules are essentially free

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast