How do you kill fatass heroes/lords? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you kill fatass heroes/lords?

yeah.... what is the best way for a WE army to kill heavy armoured lords and heroes with powerfull and deadly magic items? and how to you kill 500point-deamons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

No expert, but I'd go with either heavy missile fire, wardancers or a treeman with netlings.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herman1004 View Post
    No expert, but I'd go with either heavy missile fire, wardancers or a treeman with netlings.
    Up until VC and Daemons came, we were dominating the battlefield. Nowadays, it's not so easy.

With VC, the mages are also powerful CC heroes, and while they can be beaten, it's getting to them over the mobs of undead that is very difficult. But even VC can be defeated. The trouble starts when we get to play Daemons.

Slaanesh outmaneuvers us, and even his low str attacks are enough to tear the elvish part of our force apart. Things are even more difficult when we get to Khorne/Tzeentch. Tzeentch has flaming attacks, which hurt our Treemen and Treeking, while Khorne can (and usually does so) put up Bloodthirster, and these guys are simply unbeatable by pretty much anything. The opponent usually throws in some flesh hounds as well, and these can be a trouble for us too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Heavily armoured lords can fall to missile fire. BoL/AB is the classic. Waywatchers can take some out. Alter kindred with great weapons, wardancers using killing blow. Or just mass missile fire.

The daemons are the harder ones. Any lord (highborn or ancient) with netlings can give it a go. Or just mass missile fire again.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Sadly, daemons are a monstrous headache. I've found the best way to take 'em out is to shoot the buggers. As for Greater Daemons, well there's no easy way to do it - pepper them with enough arrows and eventually they pop. Sacrificial dryad units can often take off a wound or two a turn, if you're lucky. The classic Wood Elf tactic of running around, avoiding combats, and whittling numbers down with shooting seems to work best for me though.

As for "fatass" characters, I tend to avoid direct combats with characters and go for making their unit break or flee. This doesn't work on vampires or daemon heralds of course, but both are susceptible to great weapons as they often have low armour saves (or, frequently, none at all) unless they're a combat monster sat on a bigger monster, in which case see what I just said about Greater Daemons.

Never underestimate the power of Killing Blow, either...
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

You do have your own options in things such as Dragons, a Dragon can cause much hurt to a unit of lesser demaons, and even worry a Keeper or a Lord of Change...

Against a BT, you have issues...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieSteve005 View Post
    Sadly, daemons are a monstrous headache. I've found the best way to take 'em out is to shoot the buggers. As for Greater Daemons, well there's no easy way to do it - pepper them with enough arrows and eventually they pop. Sacrificial dryad units can often take off a wound or two a turn, if you're lucky. The classic Wood Elf tactic of running around, avoiding combats, and whittling numbers down with shooting seems to work best for me though.
    Well the trouble is the BT flies. It is difficult to maneuver around that. This is something I'd like to see solved in the next army book - we don't need to overcome every enemy unit we encounter. But as masters of the forest, we should have the tools to entangle them reliably for a turn or two so that we can do our thing. A BT that cannot move for a turn or two is a win scenario for us.

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    You do have your own options in things such as Dragons, a Dragon can cause much hurt to a unit of lesser demaons, and even worry a Keeper or a Lord of Change...

Against a BT, you have issues...
    Yeah, and while the Dragon itself can stand a little heat of combat, the lord riding it cannot. That's the biggest problem. Plus, even the Dragon is not that strong - I would hesitate charging a unit of Bloodletters without support from some of my other units.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; October 7th, 2008 at 19:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when do u think the new book will come?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bahh View Post
    when do u think the new book will come?
    I wouldn't expect a rewrite in another three to four years.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

My guess would be 2010.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 9th, 2008, 19:13