Rule Question about WW characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Rule Question about WW characters

So could a waywatcher noble or highborn deploy with a unit of glade guard scouts?

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since they gain the Forest Stalkers special rule and not the scout special rule, my guess would be no, however Im not an expert so my opinion counts for almost nothing .
    Looking for 2 Unpainted Forest Goblin Spider Riders (Riders Only) and 1 Musician ~ PM me or Email me: Sam_Davies@Mac.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I tend to agree with you, but I'd like for someone to disagree with me in a very logical, rules-oriented fashion. I don't like WW upgrades, but part of me is always looking for something new to try.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

OK, I will bite and disagree with you. They deploy just like scouts, except for the no minimum distance rule. So if you follow the scouts rule, staying more than 10" away, you should be able to put a waywatcher kindred in the unit. Of course, you would lose the -1 to hit of the waywatchers.

I think it really isn't that important a ruling though. You could just place him right next to the scouts and join the unit on the first turn. Also, it really doesn't fit the fluff in the army book.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to agree with sirkently,

the lovely book says:
    Forest Stalker
    Clad in... (bla bla bla) ...
    Either place them exactly like scouts but with no minimum distance between them and the enemy or....

To me this tells you that you can place him with a unit of GG scouts since you can place him like a scout.

hope it helps

Elfwarden
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread