Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Good afternoon all,
I have been thinking of a WE force, and would like to know some things...
1. Is putting the Lord, on a Stag, a good idea? If so, what would be the best ways to use him and with what equipment? I ask this as , for the most part, I do not see WE players taking the Staglord.
2. In your own opinions, what units are "must take" and which ones should I leave behind?
3. What would be the best way to use Dryads? I just do not like the models fo rthe Treekin and Treemen.
4. Which LoM should I use, or are my choices dependent on the opponent I am facing?
Thank you for your time.
Well, not easy answers for you questions, but lets try.
1. I used it once and it worked. As you only can put a WR kindred I would put it w/WR, equiped w/the oaken armour.
2. Must take: GR (core), WR (special) & treeman (rare). Every one will tell you dryads are also in this categorie. They are good, but I rather have GR.
Leave: None. I'm not particulary fond of eagles, but they serve their purpose.
3. Dryads are great to protect flanks (360° vision) and figthing at the enemy's front (with same rank negating flank suport). But get a treeman (build it from scratch, get an Ent, convert something... but try one)
4. The LoM you should know how to use is Athel Loren. If you dont have a Spellweaver you'll have no choice. If you have the choice, then depends on the opponent. Life is usefull, but short ranged and LoS dependent. Beasts is great if you'll be facing cavalry and monsters.
I hope it's usefull to you
I never put a lord on the stag, tho sometimes I do put the noble in there. I just view it as 50 points for an extra 2 str 5 attacks. I also put him with treekin, sometimes with the moonstone of the hidden ways, just for giggles.
I have yet to see a serious advantage to this tho. He is really better off on a steed.
IMO, Dryads, Wardancers, Wild Riders and a Treeman are a must take. Sometimes I'll take a TMA, costs a little more, but helps balance out the cost of my characters (it's odd logic, but it works)
Eternal Gaurd and Treekin are rarely used, as I feel the strenth of the woodelves comes from manuvability, and these units seriousl lack it.
Using dryads as a screen is good, i also like to use them as a lure. Alot of Woodelves is out psyching your opponent. Make it look like the dryads are comming right for him, and then just stand outside of range for a few turns.
I have yet to try any of the other lores, as i would never dream of leaving my treesinging behind. Wood elves HAVE to use the forrests to their advantage, tree singing makes it alot easier.