Question? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question?

Hey whats up guys just wonding if you guys think the highborn on a forest dragon is good at all? i have always used the treeman ancait pretty much, with the usaul anoyance of nets. but i wanna try somthin differnt and i would realy like to use it since i have always loved the fluff for dragons. so just wondering if you think it is viable at all or not ??

You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

off course it's a viable option the big problem is how do you protect the rider on top of the dragon. magic and shooting will eventually hit your highborn which either means spending a lot more points on magic defence and on armour upgrades for your lord leaving little room to get the offensive stuff.
    I agree the fluff for dragons is great and the modelling opportunities are going to be awesome but it's a pretty heavy investment point wise and Might not bring enough to the table to be worth it.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

in 2000 point games, expensive choices are less viable. in 3000pt games however, it isn't so much of an issue.

personally, i think if you bring a dragon to a 2000pt game, either the rest of your character line-up is going to suffer, your troop choices are going to suffer, or both. You really need to figure out your battle stratagy for your entire army, and how this paticular character would fit into it.

Typically, i prefere the *what characters support my troops* as opposed to *what troops support my character* approach. while characters play a vital role in the battles, i think they take a backseat to the troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i play tournaments so i play 2000 or usaly 2250 but i don't know ,my 400 point treeman does pretty well in tournies. He is good just from a modeling and painting point of view i want to convert and paint one but he is expensive but, for a laugh i think he is awesome
    I MEAN HE IS A DRAGON !!!! (lol)
    You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I have played with the dragon and it is a fun model to run on the field. I don't think it is tournament quality though, as it takes up so many points and leaves not enough room for other units. In the tournaments I play you really need the versatility to go up against all the different armies out there, and tying up so many points in one character for this army just isn't a great option in my opinion.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread