Deamons are BS!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deamons are BS!!!

HEY I have been having a hard time with cheesey and evan not that cheesy deamon lists (of course you can't realy have a soft deamon list lol) but just wondering how you guys deal with them beacause i am pretty sure i have the tactics they are just that nasty of a army, i evan think th the VC are much more fair then deamons epescialy FLAMERS what is your guys take on them, if you have fought them you will know my pain!!!!! but of course i am also like the worst dice roller (other day i FAILED STUBORN LD 9 WITH A BSB NEAR BYE WITH MY TMA AGAINT PLAGUBEARERS AND GOT RUN OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but after sayin that just wonder what you guys think ?

You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I prefer using the treeman as an artilary unit. Stubborn is less reliable with expensive troops. =(
    strangleroots can work out as good as combat, with no risk of break tests.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

that's a ridiculously expensive artillary unit especially for the range, power and limited # of shots. Treeman is better in combat.

Treeman is probably not good in combat on the front of plaguebearers though. On the flank, yeah he might do okay. You have to give him a chance too.

I don't know that I would change too much of my tactics, yes flamers are broken, but they still can be killing blow'ed and fail ward saves to other shooting. HoDA should knock one unit down to a reasonable size at least. If you know you're facing demons, you may want to try out the wildfire blades over the great weapon on your alter, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemons are my Achiles hill. I could not beat them yet!! So Any good advise will be appreciated
    Dago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Treemans, if you do the math then they have more reliable damage potential outside of combat than inside, w/ no opportunity for the enemy to strike back. Also, the get to stand/shoot if they get charged.

Think of it as a melee attack w/ 6" of range.

And I don't know how to go about killing demons. My friend runs a Nurgle Tzeentch list. 4+ Regens w/ 5+ Wards + unbreakable + stubborn + plague tally. O_O

I've only fought it a few times (he moved to chicago, so haven't been able to for a bit). The only time I came close to beating it (minor loss) was when I ignored the Plague Bearers and took out the horrors... which, seeing as how his rolls were God-sent, they survived with only two of them left against my dragon for three turns, which meant I didn't get to attack anything else for 1/3 of the game. :/

That said, if he's doing the Tzeench gunline, screen with dryads, and use the BSB of ariel. All of his scary stuff is MM, which can be stopped by the MR1 (combined with at least a radient caddy). And dryads are only barely afraid of Flamers (who can be marginally ignored, if you keep them at long range and use skirmishers.. they're hard to catch, so you may have to)

If he's using Nurgle plague bearers.. avoid them or KB their characters. That list is just like the Undead Wight list, but with magic missiles instead of raise dead.

Demonettes and Blood letters can be made unhappy by dryads I think. But my friend notably does not use those.

I always keep a few archers and an HoDA around to wittle down their greater demons. If it's a Demon of Nurgle, and you HAVE to engage it, tar pit it w/ a TMA or TM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deamons are thec heesiest army out there,
    and woodelves have onne of the worst list for beating them,
    i havent come up with a good list to beat them yet,
    but i would say 2 treemen ( if your talking high points )
    But my secret is one BIG unit of 30 eternal guard, with a BSB.
    You"ll most lickley have a BIG chance with that unit,
    I plaed a game useing thAT Unit, IT KILLED SKUUL TAKER, 10 HOUNDS (2 X 5) AND ANTHER HERO ON JUGERNAUT, and 2 units of flamers,
    I still lost because the magic was just too great,
    and i would also keeo a few mages by to try to get the regeneratios spell and get a couple 4+ regens on that unit,
    thats the only thing i could think of.

sorry about the random caps.

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Get this man a grammar book. It's like reading a meth head thought process wizzing by.

I have not had the honor of fighting DMs yeah, thank the lord.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    that's a ridiculously expensive artillary unit especially for the range, power and limited # of shots. Treeman is better in combat.
    Couldn't disagree more. sure, he's pretty good in combat, but he isn't invincible. and for the points he costs, I'd do as much to keep him safe as possible. As we have already heard mentioned, breaking from combat is a terrific way to loose all those points real fast.
    I also find that most people expect him to get into combat, and so treat him as such. I find it always works to the wood elves advantage to do the unexpected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't get me wrong i have beaten and played deamons many times ( i have also been beaten a fair amount) but i think you guys have some good idea's. I never realy thought of useing HODA on flammers (scirmishing T4) but it coud work. But the thing that realy worries me about deamons is that with a 6th ed army like WE,Brets,Tomb Kings, Ogres,etc... you can out play the oppenent and still lose based on the deamon players insane list i mean at list with VC if you kill there general YOU WIN THE GAME (unless you are vc too and your general is already dead lol) but i mean i gues GW realy wants to sell models!!!
    You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I totally hear you on that!

(it's those stupid plague bearers for me.... >_<!!!)

(played a TK list and smashed them w/ four Ushabti and a flanking chariot charge, I STILL blew up. Plague tally+banner of eternal virulance = TK's explode..... )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast