Joining the folk of Athel Loren - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joining the folk of Athel Loren

My friend recently quit playing Warhammer and gave me (A VC player) all of his old wood elf stuff because I've been interested in a new army. I originally just took them from him because I would like to collect many armies, but after reading through the book I really like them.

I've been looking through our excellent tactica but would love to hear any words of advice from fellow WE players.

Pieces I have:
    dryads:x11
    glade riders: x8
    waywatchers: x6
    glade guard: x47
    noble/lord
    spellsinger
    Mounted noble/lord

---------- Post added at 03:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

Oh, and btw the primary armies I will probably play against are Dark Elves, Empire, Bretonians, and eventually Chaos Daemons.

Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    If I'm Schizophrenic
    Then I am too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Yeowch thats a lot of ranged firepower. 47 Glade gaurd? Just a tid excessive in my opinion. The army he gave you is essentially of the ranged firepower you'll ever need. close combat would be the way to go from here.
    Dryads are the cheapest CC unit we have, and are incredibly efficient at what they do. Wardancers are more expensive and fragile, but pack a whole lot more hitting power. Wild Riders are general all purpose shock cavalry that can take on most anything given they have a flank.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Get a treeman. They are your best friend while you are learning.

also, remember our advantage is in the movement phase and manuvering. Our army is unconventional and thus requires unconventional tactics. Vampires can't flee, and you will find that is often what you will want to do with your units (the ones that are not ITP)

one of my favorite tactics is to run one of my elite CC units at the big nasty unit the enimy has. they think they are going to get charged, and prepare for the charge. I move around them, and they turn to face so as not to get flanked. I do this for a few turns and just before the game ends they realize I have no intention of attacking them and their 300 point unit has done nothing this whole game.
    thats the way we roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, wardancers and some treekin are what I was looking at getting. Maybe a treeman for when I go against Ogres. But I'm trying to make do with what I have right now, which involves a 1500 point list running 8 core choices. Xb
    Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    If I'm Schizophrenic
    Then I am too!

+ Reply to Thread