Wood Elves tactic: Crumble Battleline - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood Elves tactic: Crumble Battleline

I've played quit some battles now with wood elves, and I think I've made a quite unusual tactic with them, which I would like to call: Crumble Battleline.

The Units

This tactic relies on two unit types. First of all you need hard hitting elites, preferable with a hero. In my army I use the three W's. Wardancers, waywatchers and wildriders. You can take any elite you like, as long as they are manouverable. The second unit type are loads of skirmishers, as decoy and support. In my army I've got 24 scouts and 30 dryads. It need to be skirmishers if you want this tactic to work. If you have an elite who isn't fast, then a hero with the moonstone of the hidden ways will speed things up.

The Basics

This tactic relies a few things.

1. Stealth. When setting up youre units, let you're scouts and waywatchers in you're suitcase, this way you will scare the crap out of him when he has set al his units on the table, so he will send a part of his force to try and elimenate the scouts. This is a good thing, because that will stop you're elites from being shot to pieces, and they'll probaply can get a flank charge.

2.Deception. When setting up you're units, don't show the enemy you're intentions. Example: You want to take out a High Elf Repeater Bolt Thrower with you're glade riders, and the Lothern Seaguard with you're dryads. Then don't set up the dryads for the Seaguard and the riders for the bolt thrower, but switch you're units. You have the movement to switch them, and that way the enemy will deploy the wrong units against youre riders or dryads.

3.Crumbling. This is one of the most important and difficult parts of the tactic. It is quite hard to explain so I'll start with an example how I do it.

My wardancers with Wardancer Highborn use the moonstone of the hidden way to teleport in to the enemy deployement zone, or as close as possible. My waywatchers move closer to the enemy but out of sight. My wild riders go as close to the enemy as possible and set up for a flank charge. Then my dyads start to switch place with scouts and try to look as mean as possible.

If it is written down like this it sounds quite dull, but in real life, the opponent will be quite in shock. In just a matter of a second (allright a turn) he saw an army change from a slow foot sloggin army, with at first allmost no models or shooting, in an neat line of wrong deployed units, into an army who is ready to charge from all sides with some of the most destructive units in the game, and with dryads closing in under a hail of arrows.

Pro's

With this tactic you can get the maximum potential out of you're elites, and it gives you're dryads a chance to close in without getting shot or magic'ed to pieces, or gives you're elites a chance to rampage through the enemy army unopposed, because the enemy is focusing on the dryads. So basicly every choice the enemy makes is wrong.(And that IS the true spirit of the Wood Elves )

Con's

This tactic relies on actually being able to fool you're enemy, and being able to charge with those all expensive release. You're also a little vulnerable to magic (at least my army is).

Please feel free to leave a message, with critics or help ( or thanks )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thank you, I think this is a good tactic to .

Dont anger the dragon, he'll let it rain on you all day long. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe,

I tried this tactic against some dwarfs I play against,

The thing is, this tactic is great at 2000 point in an area full of woods and other objects to hide behind (buildings, rocks etc). But the moment the terrain is less filled with Line-Of-Sight blocking material... you could get yourself into trouble reall fast!

So I like the list, but you have to be reall carefull when to play this kind of game...

I tend to build my list up so that I have a backup tactic, just in case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's true this tactic only works with some decent terrain. I use the refuse flank tactic as a backup tactic most of the time, or something else what sounds cleverish.

Dont anger the dragon, he'll let it rain on you all day long. :P

+ Reply to Thread