Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hi, I've been brainstorming over the Wood-elf list and came with the following changes/upgrades, please try them and give your oppinion.
- All WE-characters on elf steeds benefit from then fast cavalery rules as described in the WH-rulebook page 117.
- Blade of fury can be used in combination with an additional hand-weapon.
- The Forest Lord can be upgraded to a lvl 1 wizard for 35 points.
- The WE-player can before deployment decide to fight in 'open formation', this means that all unit follow the rules of skirmishers as described on page 115 of the WH-rulebook. This includes all units exept for Treemen.
- Fairy Host 90 points per base.
M2 Ws2 Bs0 S2 T2 W4 I5 A5 Ld10 Sv-
unit size: 1-3 bases.
special rules: Swarm, flying (only 10"), in close combat opponents need 6 to hit the fairy host regardless off relative any other factors, ward save 6+ is increased to 4+ when the unit is completely in forest terrain.
So what do you all think of it ?
I had some other idea's like the return of falconeers and beast-masters, or even shapeshifters (elves that go frenzy and turn into bears and wolves, second and third edition of WHF.
i love the idea of the return of shapeshifters and beast masters but a fairy host?? ..."im attacking you with my fairy host?"...can't see many gamers wanting those in their armies, wood elves get a bad enough press as it is! :lol:
PLAN CLAN MAN!!
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson
OK I'll call it a Pixie-host then.
But face it, wood elves are like Robin Hood and his Men in tights.
Even worse because they are sissy toughness 3 elves who don't want to get in close combat (they have dryads and treemen for such uncivillized, barbaric actions), dance all day and talk and sing to trees .
For me Wood elves are fantasy, pure fantasy. With bright colors and a very high gay-feeling over them. And I love them for it.
If you want an army that is more realistic, with dirty uniform, ugly scars and so on, thats okay, but my wood elves are Fantasy with a capital F.
Meaning bright colored homoseksual sissies.
Besides, it really annoys opponenents if they lose from an army they consider to be wimps .
Seems pretty neat, except maybe the faeryhosts.. 6's to hit is damn good. Make that -1 or -2 to hit and it'll not be overpower
And maybe some magic resistance, like (2). They're faeries, so they should be like omg im immune to magic