3000 point Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

3000 point Tournament

I am looking at going to a 3K tournament. Was wondering what units that people would take.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

All of them, except maybe eternal guard.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Would you field a dragon in a 3k list?

As of right now I know that there will be someone playing the White Dwarf and another that will be playing one of the named daemons from the DoC.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons

Well i must admitt that im very rusty as i still have not played for quite a few years and therefore i can't realy claim to be an expert or anything like that, but i think that wether or not you field a dragon at a 3k mach is decided by the compisition of the rest of your forces and how you like to play. If you want to play with a dragon then you can afford it in a 3k mach.

I think there is a good chance i personaly would have fielded one. Fielding a dragon can be great fun even though you can bet your opponent will do everything he/she can to take it out. A dragon also gives you a very mobile shock unit with the power to take on some of the more nasty monsters/characters while giving you some increased tactical flexibility, but you probably know this already

Dont know if this was a very usefull reply but i know i like it when as many ppl as posible give me their thoughts so i thought id reply anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you coffe for the post. We have the most expensive dragon in the game at this time. Right now I am playing around with the idea of a dragon. For the points I could run a second treeman.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Dragon is definitely a good option. For characters what I would definitely take is a spellweaver with the wand of wych elm, a scroll caddy, and something with the cluster of radiants. After that, you other lord can be a dragon rider, or maybe an ancient, an alter BoL/AB combo alter, or anything else you can think of. A BSB would be a good addition as well.

For troops you would want 2-3 units of archers, same for dryads, and 1-2 units of glade riders. For your specials, a couple units of wardancers and wild riders, 1 unit of warhawk riders, and 0-1 units of treekin. Rares would be a treeman, a unit of waywatchers, and/or 1-2 eagles.

Hope that helps,
    SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

@sirkently How would you kit your dragon rider?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

My favorite kitting for him is the dawnspear, fimbulwinter shard, and amaranthine brooch.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Nice kit. Both the fimbulwinter shard and amaranthine brooch are both talismans which do you like better?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Sure, make me go back and look it up. Teach me to rely on my failing memory. I think I made that mistake the first time I set him up as well. Having now actually pulled out my list from last year, this is what I played with:

Dawnspear
    Fimbulwinter Shard
    Enchanted Shield
    Hail of Doom Arrow

Now that I have looked foolish, I will go hide in the corner.

SirKently

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast