Wardancer special character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardancer special character

I have been playing with wood elves for quit some time, and my wardancer lord came in extremely good use, so I thought he deserved some extra attention. He will be only used in friendly games. All these abilities are based on deeds in the past. Comments are really, really appreciated!

Aerich, storm of the forest

M-5
    WS-7
    BS-5
    S-4
    T-3
    W-3
    I-7
    A-4
    LD-10
    (Thess are the same as the stats of a normal highborn)

Magic items:

Moonstone of Hidden Ways (teleport to an other wood)
    Blades of Loec (Reroll to Wound)
    Annoyance of Netlings (The enemy hits him on 6's in challenges)

Blood Soaked:
    After in the battle in Blighted Forest were he challenged and defeated four Vampires in single combat during the battle, but was finally struck down by a tide of their evil minions and left for dead. With a gap in his chest he lay down next to his victims, where the blood of the dreaded beings flowed in his chest. After he was healed by A'ynos, the masterres of beasts, he was charged by her wolf, who smelled some of the evil that was still on him. The hound tore of a great piece of flesh, but when the second the wound started bleeding, the wound miracously regenerated.

Grants a 6+ regenaration save.

Loec's Inspiration:

With all his battle experience and an ability to see through all Loec's illusions, Aerich is one of the very rare inviduals who has the abillity to design new shadow dances.

Extra Shadow Dances of Loec:

Waving Waterfall

With all his battle experience, Aerich has seen a way to dissorder enemy lines and cause confusion in their ranks. Enemy's that are unlucky enough to experience this deadly shadow dance will be suprised by wardancers falling out of the air, crushing enemies like rocks crush grass.

Only usable with a flank or rear charge. The enemy doesn't get rank bonus and the wardancers get +1 to combat resolution.

David's Stone

After seeing all types of monsters, from flying zombie dragons to slow lumbering stegadon and from bloodthirsty carnosaurus to seducive keeper of secrets, "insert name" has found there weakest spots and he uses his swiftness to pick out eyeballs and disembowl limbs.

Aerich wounds all large targets on a 5 plus.

Traveller of the hidden ways

Aerich has used the moonstone so many times he knows all dangers of the roads between the forests.

The wardancer highborn may move (but not charge) after using the moonstone of the hidden ways.

"There are worser things than death"

After snatching victory out of the palm of 4 greater deamons of each god, and getting nearly killed by all, "insert name" has seen what the twisted minds of Tzeentch, Khorne, Nurgle and worst of all, Slaanesh had in mind with him. The only hope Aerich has to escape this fate, is to please Loec enough that he will be one of the few that may join the realm of the trickster.

The wardancer highborn loses immune to psychologie, as he fears he will die before he can please Loec, but he still can't flee as charge reaction.

Aerich's bodyguard (wardancers) have the special rules Extra shadow dances of Loec, traveller of the hidden ways, and "there are worser things than death".

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

As you can see I still need to think of a name, so please post them like mass spam. I think there insn't anything overpowered, but I will be playing with him so please comment on this to. I am still thinking about a stat upgrade, but it will just be overpowered I think. But if you think otherwise, please comment. I guesse the general message is : Comments appreciated !

As for the stats and magic items, I don't know if you can post it like this, so please let me know before someone deletes it. (Yes I look at you wikipedia! )

Last edited by Kamikaza; April 29th, 2009 at 20:52.

Dont anger the dragon, he'll let it rain on you all day long. :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Bob the Tap-Dancing Vampire-Asrai?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

What does David's Stone do? You gave a description but no rules abilities.

I must say, I rather like the waterfall dance.

I'm generally not a fan of the character as a whole (mainly the fluff, but that's my personal taste =), but the waterfall dance is pretty cool. I'd like to see more conditional dances like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehkimo the Typhoon of Athel Loren

^.^
    Midvalley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shai'Tan View Post
    How about Bob the Tap-Dancing Vampire-Asrai?
    Its got my vote
    Wood Elf Fantasy Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swarmofseals View Post
    What does David's Stone do? You gave a description but no rules abilities.

I must say, I rather like the waterfall dance.

I'm generally not a fan of the character as a whole (mainly the fluff, but that's my personal taste =), but the waterfall dance is pretty cool. I'd like to see more conditional dances like that.
    Sorry for the Davids stone dance, I just forgot. I've wrote it now though. As for the fluff, I know it isn't really good (I wrote it at 00:15) so I will rewrtite it later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great idea mate,
    The immune to pyscoligy rule needs to change because if not there just going to run all the time and it will really piss you off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allright, I've chosen a name (and no it isn't the tap-dancing-ballet-lover-breakdancer-pro-vampire-eater-O'doom, sorry to let you down)
    I've rewritten some of the fluff to.

great idea mate,
    The immune to pyscoligy rule needs to change because if not there just going to run all the time and it will really piss you off.
    Agreed. But he really needs a turndown (otherwise people will wine over "being broken" and stuff like that. So does anyone have a suggestion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep immune to psych until he gets reduced to 1 wound, that way he'll still be a good holding character until he gets into danger, at which point the fluff that you added will kick in and he will run away, or make it so that if he is reduced to one wound he and his unit will run 3D6 away from the enemy, instantly means instantly. If he has 3 unsaved wounds on him he runs before the 3rd hits and it also means that no one that would attack after him gets to attack, including his own wardancers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Dropping immune to psych won't effect the character, as the unit still has the rule, and he will benifit via character in a unit that is ITP.

How about this?
    He will not accept challanges, afraid of being locked up with someone that may overpower him. If you have a unit champion present to accept, he fights as normal. If the champion is not present (dead), he refuses the challange and slips out the back door, leaving the unit and combat. That is, if this guy really needs a handycap. Maybe you should just dumb him down a bit so he doesn't need on =P

I also don't like the moonstone rule. that is, effectivly, giving him double movement. alternativly he could just use it as many times as he wished.

I seem to remember a wardancer special character of older additions having a special dance. it allowedhim to make a single attack against everyone in the front rank (or the face that he is fighting)

its a cute idea, and i agree that there should be a wardancer special character, but maybe tame him down a bit and focus on one aspect (seasoned vet vs lorec's chosen vs cunning leader)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast