All glued together and primed, time to design my army for my first game! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All glued together and primed, time to design my army for my first game!

Okay so here are my available minis:

39 Glade guard
    16 Glade riders
    6 wardancers not counting a champion and musician
    1 treeman
    16 dryads (four of those 16 are the old ones that I'm thinking of converting to treekin)
    11 waywatchers
    1 lord on foot
    1 lord on unicorn
    2 mages on foot
    1 mage on a warhawk

My opponent will be warriors of chaos. Here is what I'm thinking of taking for my first 2000 point game;

alter kindred lord-- carrying the bow of loren and arcane bodkins (not sure what else to equip him with)

Glade Riders--2 units of 5 and 1 unit of six all three with musicians

10-- glade guard
    10-- glade guard upgraded to scouts

1-- treeman

Not sure what else. ANy suggestions?
    ----------
    Also I have a glade guard mini that I could use as a battle standard bearer

Last edited by Adam55; June 23rd, 2009 at 22:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Well, who will be your general? I also presume you meant mage rather than lord on unicorn?

I've personally found Waywatchers very useful against Warriors of Chaos, if only because Lethal Shot helps break down the tin cans.

What is the point limit here anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points! Sorry I neglected to mention that.

Crap. My model that is on a unicorn was not a mage. He was left over from a much older addition (when I played about 8 years ago). I was unaware that I can't have my highborn riding a unicorn. Pshhh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Ah, do you not have the latest edition book? May be a challenge if we're not all on the same page, so to speak

I've only played with the latest edition of rules for Asrai so not entirely sure if I'll be much use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have the latest addition of the rules and updated army book. This is my first time actually sitting down with my NEW army book and designing an army. So I missed some of the fine print because I am a bit rusty. Anywho, I am already half way done with making my 2k point force. I'll post it soon and everyone can critique if they wish.

Thanks
    Adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Character/model type
    LORD
    Highborn on foot with shield alter kindred (increases movement and initiative to 9 and plus 1 attack)
    Bow of Loren Arcane Bodkins magic arrows and no armor saves
    Armour of the fey- 6 plus armor save and a 4 plus ward save in close combat against magical attacks
    5 bow attacks, 5 plus armor save, 4 plus ward in close combat against magical attacks

HEROES
    1 spell singer with 2 dispell scrolls carrying a longbow
    total points 140
    1 wood elf noble with wardancer kindred carrying blades of loec (joining my wardancer unit below)
    branchwraith with cluster of radiants (in my dryad unit)
    CORE UNITS
    10 glade guard coutning the musician

5 glade riders counting a musician
    6 glade riders counting a musician

10 dryads plus one branchwraith with cluster of radiants (add one extra dispel die to my dispel pool)

SPECIAL UNITS
    6 wardancers
    1 musician
    1 wood elf noble with wardancer kindred carrying blades of loec (re-roll any failed rolls to wound)
    RARE UNITS
    1 treeman
    10 waywatchers

Okay I am 73 points over. Anyone see anything that looks like it could be removed to make this list legal??

Thanks
    Adam
    Last edited by Adam55; June 23rd, 2009 at 23:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam55 View Post
    Character/model type
    LORD
    Highborn on foot with shield alter kindred (increases movement and initiative to 9 and plus 1 attack)
    Armour of the fey- 6 plus armor save and a 4 plus ward save in close combat against magical attacks
    5 bow attacks, 5 plus armor save, 4 plus ward in close combat against magical attacks

HEROES
    total points 140
    1 wood elf noble with wardancer kindred carrying blades of loec (joining my wardancer unit below)
    CORE UNITS

10 dryads plus one branchwraith with cluster of radiants (add one extra dispel die to my dispel pool)

SPECIAL UNITS
    6 wardancers
    1 musician
    1 wood elf noble with wardancer kindred carrying blades of loec (re-roll any failed rolls to wound)
    RARE UNITS
    1 treeman
    10 waywatchers

Okay I am 73 points over. Anyone see anything that looks like it could be removed to make this list legal??

Thanks
    Adam
    I am pretty new to woodelves myself, but if I were to change this, keep the units but cut out some points... copy/paste

LORD

I have used this build before, never vs chaos, but it has NEVER made its points up for me but may vs chaos, give it a shot and change what you don't like, but one thing i would do is replace armor of the fey with glamourweave, as you won't be in combat much. Also take a great weapon, as it will be your only chance to win a combat, assuming you charge

HEROES
    total points 140

I like your heroes, the noble is the only one that isn't used in almost every battle, but it is still good to try

CORE UNITS

Take out the musicians (In every unit, save quite a few points)

SPECIAL UNITS
    6 wardancers
    1 musician

RARE UNITS
    1 treeman
    9 waywatchers

Taking out the musicians, waywatcher and changing armour of the fey to the talisman, takes your points down, and taking away 1 waywatcher makes it an even 2000 points, this is how i would cut the army if i were you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I would trade some glade riders for dryads they are more durable against chaos.
    If he has chaos cavalry your GladeRiders will go down fast if he wants to.

Dryds go well in units of 8 as they don't negate rank bonus.

If you still need to drop some points.. loose the wardancer kindred on your hero.

waywatchers are good against chaos units as long as you stay out of his reach.
    Avoiding CC and shooting is a key element in winning the game.

Don't know what others have to say about it but i often put my list together with just 3 characters. 1lord + 1sorcerer scroll caddy + 1 extra hero
    Last edited by Uziel; June 24th, 2009 at 01:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LORD

I have used this build before, never vs chaos, but it has NEVER made its points up for me but may vs chaos, give it a shot and change what you don't like, but one thing i would do is replace armor of the fey with glamourweave, as you won't be in combat much. Also take a great weapon, as it will be your only chance to win a combat, assuming you charge
    If I have a great weapon what happens with my shield? Wouldn't it be a better idea to have my shield for the better armor save,considering this guy is built to stay out of combat? Unless this is a bad idea? I dunno, I have a track record of losing all the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam55 View Post
    LORD
    Highborn, shield, alter kindred,
    Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Armour of the fey
    You want to give him a great weapon just in case you need him to help out in a combat. Also, I would give him the glamourweave item and enchanted shield, as he will be shot at and spells will be cast at him, and that is what you need protection from, not magical close combat attacks.

HEROES
    Spell singer- 2 dispell scrolls

Noble-wardancer kindred, blades of loec
    Not a terrible choice, but as has been said, you could lose the kindred for points, and maybe give him the hail of doom arrow. He could still run with the wardancers.

branchwraith-cluster of radiants
    Good, and throw in the annoyance of netlings if you get the points.

CORE UNITS
    10 glade guard-musician
    10 glade guard-musician
    5 glade riders-musician
    5 glade riders-musician
    6 glade riders-musician
    10 dryads
    Core is good, though I would drop the unit of 6 glade riders to get your points down and to get points for other things. You could always drop the dryads down to 8 as well.

SPECIAL UNITS
    6 wardancers-musician
    I would try to add a champ to this unit and one or two more if you could squeeze them in.

RARE UNITS
    treeman
    10 waywatchers
    Rares are fine. If you find points becoming scarce, you could afford to lose one or two waywatchers.
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast